Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartman: Teddy demanded over $10 mill, Vikes stopped negotiating
Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
bullshit. this snake franchise just wants it to seem like teddy wanted way too much.
I found the link you're looking for:
http://forums.theganggreen.com/register/
they are my second favorite team now
who is your first favorite?
unfortunately this snake franchise is
Imagine how we feel about that.

Fun with numbers! 

Ben Goessling‏Verified account @GoesslingStrib 49s49 seconds ago
More
Ben Goessling Retweeted Adam Schefter
Operative phrase on Bridgewater is "maximum value." Likely an incentive-laden deal, given his injury risk.
Ben Goessling added,
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefterTeddy Bridgewater’s deal with the NY Jets has a maximum value of $15 million, per source.

@RushmoreVike said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
bullshit. this snake franchise just wants it to seem like teddy wanted way too much.
I mean... You know fandom is a choice, right?  Close your eyes and click your heals and you can cheer for whoever you want.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
My point is, if it is a controlled leak, it likely isn't true, but damage control. 
Now the team is lying? Why would they lie? There really isn't any outrage by the fanbase on this anyway, not sure why there'd be a need for any damage control. 

Teddy gets advice, maybe he got the bad kind from his agent.
Dunno the need. As I said, seems fishy.

But no, an NFL team would never spread lies.  Never ever ever.  Through a source that will never trace back to them.  Nope.
....or a player that you think is ultra nice might not be quite as nice as you think. Maybe his feelings got hurt in all this. Maybe he's upset. He's just a young guy, might think the organization did him wrong. Won't be the first time.

Or Sid Hartman is off his meds. 
or or or, we won't know. Just offered my thoughts on it.  You have yours, I'll have mine.

Timing is everything.  When was the 'demand' made?  Was it early on and his starting point, was it after Kirk became likely?  

Really a non-controversy IMO, part of normal negotiations.

There can be truth both to the idea Bridgewater isn't "just about the money" and that he primarily wanted the Vikings to make him a presumptive starter. "Minimum of $10M" could be translated as "starter"...right? Sid might be reporting badly - shocker.

If it's true the Jets only gave him 1 year at $5M, Bridgewater's future is probably very doubted around the NFL - especially if it's not fully guaranteed. Jets would probably not be his first choice so I wonder how many other teams showed interest.

@RushmoreVike said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@CLOBIMON said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
Do we play in the National Reptile League?