Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartman: Teddy demanded over $10 mill, Vikes stopped negotiating
Access Vikings‏ @AccessVikings 25m25 minutes ago
More
Source: The Vikings quit negotiating with Teddy Bridgewater, who reached an agreement with the Jets on Tuesday, when he demanded a contract over $10 million, writes @SidHartman. https://buff.ly/2pexYmZ 

I don't see numbers revealed for the Jets contract, but $10M for a backup seems pretty crazy. I know that McCown was signed for $10M. 

$10m would be fine if you had any idea if he was going to return to form.  that being said i would not pay him more the 5-6$m this year until he proves it

Supposedly, he signed for $5 million in NY. One year.

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
I don't see numbers revealed for the Jets contract, but $10M for a backup seems pretty crazy. I know that McCown was signed for $10M. 
....to start. Which he's been told he will be doing.

Dunno, something smells about this.

Teams really control the conversation with "leaks" and sources.  I wonder if this is some damage control.

Quote: @greediron said:

Teams really control the conversation with "leaks" and sources.  I wonder if this is some damage control.
Either way, if its true, does it matter? Teddy was obviously a little disgruntled, pushed and the Vikings declined. His true market value was established as $5 mill per the Jets offer. 

Quote: @greediron said:

could be.  obvious they didnt see Teddy as a starter this year and knowing a starter would cost 20-30 a year didnt leave them much room to keep him

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
....to start. Which he's been told he will be doing.
McCown was told he would go into the "offseason program" as the starter, which means almost nothing in terms of who starts week 1. Could be McCown, could be Bridgewater, could even be a rookie. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:

Either way, if its true, does it matter? Teddy was obviously a little disgruntled, pushed and the Vikings declined. His true market value was established as $5 mill per the Jets offer. 
Problem with that theory is Cris Carter’s value was $100.    =)

Sometimes the market misses, not saying they did on Teddy.... just saying.