Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, I Gotta Ask...
YOU LIKE THAT?

Smile 

Not the move I would have made, but I'm warming to it...I think we'll still be run centric...Looking forward to seeing what Flipper does with the O and getting Cook back on the field...just glad this is settled...well, almost settled... 

Lol. I am glad it's done. Onward and upward. Clearly Flip has a vision that helped get him the job. I am looking forward to seeing how the offense improves. I think they will score more. That is definitely a must.

I have never grown out of my love of getting gifts. My Wife is more of a travel/ experience person, but I'm a "things" person!

I actually still like going to get the mail- which I suspect is a remnant of getting birthday cards as a kid- and I literally get nothing but catalogues, and bills...

I was so-so on Kirk, but to me, this feels like a gift, and man, oh man do I love my shiny new toys.

The proof lies in the numbers for one of the most consistent passers over the past three seasons. It goes beyond fantasy stats the casual fan will point to during the years when he strung together 4,000 yard-passing seasons. Since 2015, Cousins ranks third in completion percentage (67), fifth in yards per attempt (7.8), eighth in passing TDs (81) and seventh in Total QBR (62.3), according to ESPN Stats and Information. During that same span, only one quarterback had a better completion percentage and QBR: Drew Brees.

& yes, I like that...  B) 

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/25952/vikings-like-that-kirk-cousins-expected-signing-raises-super-bowl-hopes

Cousins is the starting quarterback for the Vikings...nuff said.  We band together and cheer our team onward.

Hindsight will be 20/20 on this deal a year or 2 from now.

But as of today, I think this is the best move we could have made. I did initially prefer tagging Case and seeing if he could repeat his success, but once they didn't do that, I wasn't comfy giving Case a 3 year deal. I was so high on Teddy 2 years ago and really thought he'd be a franchise guy. Now I just don't know. Same with Sam, except 1 year ago instead of 2. Cousins was the smart move I think and in many ways, the safest.

Kirk's probably the best QB we've had since 09. I'm happy!

well im glad its over--or seems to be.  And i think it was a sound decision.  i can just hearvtjecWilfs--"whos the single most important player on rhe squad? QB. Who is the best available QB out there? Cousins.  so what are we waiting for?  Lets go get him." I'm a little sad about Case and Teddy though.  the both seem like decent guys who played their hearts out.  i guess i just hate the "business" side of things sometimes.  I wish them both well and they will be missed.

I think we've got the best guy to maximize Cousins...my guess is we won't burden him as heavily as Washington did...too grounded in the rushing game and D...but when those two things falter, we've got a better shot in a shootout...the next move in FA will be interesting... And probably won't happen for another week...

We had 3 above-average qbs on the roster which is really unusual, first of all.
All three look to start in the NFL on other teams this year.

What was so unusual about the team's qb room last season was that all three were excellent at reading defenses.  Its a trait teams like Denver have a hard time finding for whatever reason.

GM deserves credit for pulling in a room full of capable guys.

Thrilled for Keenum to get a bigtime gig in Denver.
Teddy would be great for NYJ.
Sam?  Arizona? Buffalo?  Either way, he's got a top flight arm.

I watched Cousins on tape over the last several days, and his arm talent is pretty damn good too.

Cousins fits the team like a glove, and will upgrade production.

Over all I think things worked out best for everyone concerned. I think Denver came out with the best deal.

Very interested to see how Teddy does with the Jets.  If he still has it (I think he does) He should beat out McCown for the starting gig.  If I am the Jets... I dont let McCown go anywhere (did i mention that knee freaks me out)

On paper it looks like the Vikes should be great with Cousins.  I cant get rid of the feeling that they made a mistake.  I hate hindsight and will not dwell on it or mention it again.  (feel free to remind me!)

I am glad it is over and now it is just starting....