• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosen BREAKING: Vikes to sign Cousins for $28 mill per year
Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@StickyBun said:
Nothing 'likely' about it anymore:

Courtney Cronin‏Verified account @CourtneyRCronin 5m5 minutes ago
More
Courtney Cronin Retweeted Adam Schefter
And there it is. The Vikings will get their guy.
Courtney Cronin added,
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefterKirk Cousins plans to sign a three-year, fully-guaranteed contract from the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, sources tell ESPN.
The "guarantee" thing really really really really bothers me. Anything happens to him, knee injury / back / shoulder we are screwed.  Dumbest thing ever to guarantee the entire contract. And then there is the possibility that he sucks / is just average at best. We will be trapped in a brutal financial situation. He brings ZERO guarantees of excellent performance or health. You can say he has not been injured, but you could also say he is due to be injured. This has a huge possibililty of being the worst contract ever for the Vikings. I have a bad feeling about this guarantee.
Huh??  Would you prefer a traditional   5 Year deal worth X amount of dollars 84 million guaranteed?

@StickyBun said:

More
Courtney Cronin added,
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefterKirk Cousins plans to sign a three-year, fully-guaranteed contract from the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, sources tell ESPN.
The "guarantee" thing really really really really bothers me. Anything happens to him, knee injury / back / shoulder we are screwed.  Dumbest thing ever to guarantee the entire contract. And then there is the possibility that he sucks / is just average at best. We will be trapped in a brutal financial situation. He brings ZERO guarantees of excellent performance or health. You can say he has not been injured, but you could also say he is due to be injured. This has a huge possibililty of being the worst contract ever for the Vikings. I have a bad feeling about this guarantee.
Exactly.  The Vikings had better be very right on this gamble or there goes our Super Bowl window while we are stuck paying a huge chunk of our salary cap for inadequate QB play.

Not only is Cousins much more expensive than Keenum, but from what I've heard on KFAN this morning it sounds like Case's contract with the Broncos is a pretty team-friendly deal.

@StickyBun said:

More
Courtney Cronin added,
I am not a fan of it either, but will leave the numbers game to those who are paid to understand it.  I would assume they will structure it to give the team an out if needed.  Don't know how it all works though.

And if it gives us solid QB play for the next 3 years, so be it.  We spend how many million on Bradford this year for 1 game.  How many million on Peterson for 2 of the last 3 years for 2 games?  And how many million 8 years ago for a washed up QB that didn't want to play.

3 years isn't really that long IMO.  A free agent signing of this magnitude is pretty much guaranteed 2 years. 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@StickyBun said:

More
Courtney Cronin added,
Exactly.  The Vikings had better be very right on this gamble or there goes our Super Bowl window while we are stuck paying a huge chunk of our salary cap for inadequate QB play.

well until Case and Favre, it has been that way for a LONG time so Viking fans should be used to it

Kramer no Wilson no Gannon
Well how about Salisbury?
McMahon has something in the tank
Wow, we can get Warren Moon?
The 7th rd FSU Johnson kid is not bad
He’s hurt, how about Cunningham, i hear he’s making countertops
Wait what Randall Cunnigham?
WTF Randall
Here comes Jeff George
There goes Jeff George
This Culpepper kid just took us to the NFCCG
Man this Culpepper kid is a turnover machine, like what Bouman offers
Hot Tub Sheninangans turn into Good luck gus
Culpepper is an ass kicking Jedi
Culpepper is cant kick any ass with one leg
One more season Brad?
This Tavaris kid looks like a young McNabb lite
Bollinger runs in the two point conversion
One more season Gus?
Get the plane fired up for Mississippi
Is it finally time for the SageCopter
We shouldnt have sent the plane again
Ponder that
Teddy time
OMG Teddy no
Hello Sam
OMG Sam no
We signed you, just in Case

Why the fuck would a Vikings fan complain about this signing?  Thats 30 years of QB ineptitude outside of those random one offs 

Kirk, for at least 3 years sounds good to me

Quote: @Skodin said:
WTF Randall
Here comes Jeff George
There goes Jeff George
One more season Brad?
One more season Gus?
Ponder that
Teddy time
OMG Teddy no
Hello Sam
OMG Sam no
Just in Case

Wht the fuck would a Vikings fan complain about this signing?  Thats 30 years of QB ineptitude outside of those random one offs 

I shouldn't laugh at this, but....well...good job breaking it down Big Grin

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Skodin said:
WTF Randall
Here comes Jeff George
There goes Jeff George
One more season Brad?
One more season Gus?
Ponder that
Teddy time
OMG Teddy no
Hello Sam
OMG Sam no
Just in Case

Wht the fuck would a Vikings fan complain about this signing?  Thats 30 years of QB ineptitude outside of those random one offs 

I shouldn't laugh at this, but....well...good job breaking it down Big Grin
Agreed PG.  Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Awesome post Skodin!  =)

Awesome, yet sad post Skodin