Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings appear to be closing in on Kirk Cousins
[Image: 5hy2a9ob0fai.jpeg]

The dominoes are falling. Quickly.
With Case Keenum and Drew Brees off the market, the Vikings look to be moving on Kirk Cousins. Mark Rosen of WCCO reports that Cousins will sign with the Vikings. The deal, per Rosen, will average $28 million per year.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/vikings-appear-to-be-closing-in-on-kirk-cousins/

There is no word yet of a deal, probably for this reason: Cousins does not want to commit until he visits the Vikings in Minnesota. He is intent on not being Osweiler. 
Once that happens, hopefully tomorrow at 4, then they can say they have a deal. If they don't announce a deal with his visit, then things have gone horribly wrong. 
But I suspect that once they have an agreement on the financial terms, which has probably already happened, especially now that we know Brees' "modest" numbers, the Vikings' facilities and personnel will only improve their position.

44 and sunny tomorrow, not bad (especially for someone who went to school in Michigan). Usually we have a subzero cold snap when free agents visit...

Schefter has confirmed: 3 years at $28M per, all guaranteed. The agent will not confirm and says only that Cousins will visit on Thursday.  I can live with that.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
what a joke of a franchise and organization this is
Well, I guess they deserve jokes for "fans" of the TEAM then, criticizing everything about them that doesn't favor one specific player that said "fans" are obsessed with.

So why hasn't Teddy signed with anyone yet BIG TD?

Dude you crack me up.

Soooooo when Teddy signs his monster contract elsewhere will we see less of your insightful comments?  Clearly you are more of a Teddy fan than a Viking fan.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Schefter has confirmed: 3 years at $28M per, all guaranteed. The agent will not confirm and says only that Cousins will visit on Thursday.  I can live with that.
Now that's what I've been waiting for lol!