Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adrian Peterson to be released today by the Cardinals
Courtney Cronin‏Verified account @CourtneyRCronin 10m10 minutes ago
More
Courtney Cronin Retweeted Adam Schefter
AP back on the open market
Courtney Cronin added,
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefterCardinals expected to release RB Adrian Peterson today, per source. Peterson has a $750,000 bonus due on the third day of league year, Friday, so Arizona saves money. But Peterson still could return to Arizona later, per source.

Insert "yawn emoji" here...

Who's gonna tell the Camel breeders?

For nostalgic purposes the vikings could offer Adrian 14 million to not play, it worked out well in 14 and 16. 

How about a moment of reflection on some opinions which were expressed often - sometimes angrily - on this site during the last few years Peterson was a Viking? I wish I had a dollar for every time someone posted something to the effect of:
Quote:All you morons wishing the Vikings would cut or trade AD are going to be sorry when he's gone! He doesn't hold the team back, HE IS THE TEAM!! If the Vikings let go of the greatest runner in history, someone else will be winning a lot of games thanks to him and you will all be sorry!!

Well...1 season without Peterson and the Vikings had a better record than any of the 10 years he was here. In short, the sky actually did not fall.

AD was great for years with the Vikings. He provided Vikings fans and the NFL with a lot of highlights. Now he is well past his prime and the game has changed and has mostly passed him by. I know the last couple of years with AD were not good, but the team has moved on without him. . . . But is there any reason why we should disparage a former Viking great? 

Although some dont like to discuss any players once they go through the door, Peterson’s isnt any normal situation.

Although great when actually running with the ball I was always disappointed in his many fumbles often at the worst time, his lack of ability to block (wtf) and his very poor handling of his suspension and demanding a pay raise when he got paid for a year to sit on his arse...
enjoy retirement.

Quote: @dadevike said:
AD was great for years with the Vikings. He provided Vikings fans and the NFL with a lot of highlights. Now he is well past his prime and the game has changed and has mostly passed him by. I know the last couple of years with AD were not good, but the team has moved on without him. . . . But is there any reason why we should disparage a former Viking great? 

In my post, I said nothing about Peterson's post-Vikings career (although that's a pretty easy target) or what he did on or off the field while he was here.
I was disparaging the many, many, many posters who claimed that other posters here were unappreciative or wrong about Peterson, as some were pretty upset and rude. But enough on that old, old, old topic now.