Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foles Trade: 1st & 4th Round picks
The Eagles are starting Nick Foles trade negotiations with a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick, the price they got for Sam Bradford (per @mortreport) #Eagles

LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

I heard Adam Schefter talking about this on the radio last week and he compared Foles and Bradford similarly. But a lot of people seem to forget that the Eagles sent more than just the rights to Bradford in that deal: they paid $11 Million of Bradford's 2016 salary. "Draft picks for money" is an uncomfortable topic for people, but it's reality; there were conversations indicating the Vikings could have obtained Bradford for a 2nd-rounder if they could have paid his salary without help.
So this reasoning says Foles is actually worth more than Bradford. OK, they can ask for a 1+4...doesn't mean they can get it.

Unbelievable. If anyone falls for that, they deserve what they get. 

If true, I think this is the Eagles way of saying "We don't really want to trade Foles".

This league is INSANE over QBs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Exactly.  If Napoleon Dynamite...  I mean Nick Foles...  gets traded for a 1st and a 4th someone is losing their job.

Sounds like one of those “make me move” listings on Zillow.  I think a second is pushing it without an extension in place.  I would take Foles over any of our QB’s at this point, unless Teddy is healthy of course

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Exactly.  If Napoleon Dynamite...  I mean Nick Foles...  gets traded for a 1st and a 4th someone is losing their job.
It's even worse than that. Eagles know full well they can't get as much for Foles as they did for Bradford. So IMO by floating the exact same terms, this is Howie Roseman trolling Rick Spielman. Not because they expect him to bite on the trade. Just as a well-placed jab. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I heard Adam Schefter talking about this on the radio last week and he compared Foles and Bradford similarly. But a lot of people seem to forget that the Eagles sent more than just the rights to Bradford in that deal: they paid $11 Million of Bradford's 2016 salary. "Draft picks for money" is an uncomfortable topic for people, but it's reality; there were conversations indicating the Vikings could have obtained Bradford for a 2nd-rounder if they could have paid his salary without help.
So this reasoning says Foles is actually worth more than Bradford. OK, they can ask for a 1+4...doesn't mean they can get it.
I do not believe they paid any of Bradford's salary nor can they.

Here were the terms of his deal ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640541/article/sam-bradford-agrees-to-twoyear-36m-eagles-deal

The contract is worth $36 million, according to NFL Media Insider Ian
Rapoport, per a source who has seen the deal. Bradford will receive $22
million guaranteed at signing, which balloons to $26 million when injury
guarantees are added. The deal includes an $11 million signing bonus
and he will make a $7 million base salary in 2016 with $4 million
guaranteed in 2017.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/3/1/11143620/sam-bradford-contract-details-eagles-philadelphia-salary-cap-dead-money

According to Andrew Brandt, the deal actually breaks down like this:
$22 million of the deal is guaranteed. Bradford gets an $11 million
signing bonus, with a $7 million salary this coming season. In 2017, $4
million of his deal is guaranteed, with a $4 million guarantee in case
of injury.

There was no money that they agreed to pay.  They had to pay his signing bonus.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@Jor-El said:
I do not believe they paid any of Bradford's salary nor can they.

Here were the terms of his deal ...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640541/article/sam-bradford-agrees-to-twoyear-36m-eagles-deal

The contract is worth $36 million, according to NFL Media Insider Ian
Rapoport, per a source who has seen the deal. Bradford will receive $22
million guaranteed at signing, which balloons to $26 million when injury
guarantees are added. The deal includes an $11 million signing bonus
and he will make a $7 million base salary in 2016 with $4 million
guaranteed in 2017.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/3/1/11143620/sam-bradford-contract-details-eagles-philadelphia-salary-cap-dead-money

According to Andrew Brandt, the deal actually breaks down like this:
$22 million of the deal is guaranteed. Bradford gets an $11 million
signing bonus, with a $7 million salary this coming season. In 2017, $4
million of his deal is guaranteed, with a $4 million guarantee in case
of injury.

There was no money that they agreed to pay.  They had to pay his signing bonus.
the signing bonus was a large part of the money he made that year.... they paid 11 million of his contract even if it wasnt called salary per say.   just like what we are going to be offering cousins next week... 30 million a year or what ever it ends up being will be a combination of salary, signing bonuses, roster bonuses, incentives, etc.   

as far as not being able to do it,  the pats were still paying garrapallo after he went to the niners.  hell garrapallo got a superbowl check.