Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Teddy Bridgewater seeking a short-term deal
The NFL Combine has produced no shortage of reports relating to the Minnesota Vikings’ quarterback situation.
Early Saturday morning, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the finalists for Kirk Cousins are the Vikings, Jets, Broncos and Cardinals.

By the afternoon, Teddy Bridgewater’s plans for free agency were reported by Newsday reporter Calvin Watkins, who tweeted that the Vikings’ 25-year-old QB is looking for a one or two year contract to prove that he can return to his pre-injury form.

The Vikings’ interest in bringing Bridgewater back has been unclear. Head coach Mike Zimmer acknowledged that it can be difficult to judge how far Bridgewater has come along simply based on practices, but did add that the Vikings would have been comfortable turning the ball over to him had Case Keenum gotten hurt.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...term-deal/

File this under ...  DUH!

I mean why would he or his agent agree to a long term deal for little money?

No one is going to give him more than 10 mil.

So, getting a short term deal to prove his able and back to his previous form AND getting better is the best bet.

Yes, they were so comfortable turning to Teddy if Case got injured they eventually deactived him for Bradford... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yes, they were so comfortable turning to Teddy if Case got injured they eventually deactived him for Bradford... 
Exactly. 

I just don't see the interest from the Vikings in having Bridgewater return. And if they do, its as a Plan C. 

I'd much rather sign Teddy on a "prove-it" deal... and give him the chance to do so (after signing some other "high risk" player to compete with- like Bradford)... than to sign a "short-term" deal with Cousins- who is ONLY looking to cash in in 3 years (rather than looking for a place to call "home").  

Quote: @pumpf said:
I'd much rather sign Teddy on a "prove-it" deal... and give him the chance to do so (after signing some other "high risk" player to compete with- like Bradford)... than to sign a "short-term" deal with Cousins- who is ONLY looking to cash in in 3 years (rather than looking for a place to call "home").  
Myself I would like to sign Keenum who has no current knee problems. Lead us to the NFC title game, the players respect him, hopefully we could try and give us some stability at QB...at a reasonable cost.

Quote: @pumpf said:
I actually like the idea of a 3 year deal, it gives the Vikings the ability to move on, and keep the team intact. Sign him to a 3 year deal this year, Draft his replacement next year.  If you don' have an elite QB (Cousins isn't in that category to me) you have to have a complete team, and that's tough to do if you have to pay your QB elite money or your QB has a backend deal that' off the books (Tom Brady).

In 3 years get that 30 million dollar hit off the books and replace it with 10ish with a 3rd year QB on his rookie deal.

Barr is just stating the facts. Maybe Zimmer would have been comfortable turning to Teddy if Case had gone down, but evidently, he was clearly more comfortable turning to Sam.

One is a maybe - because it was just words. The other is certain because it reflects how Zimmer behaved.

If Sam was not available and Case went down, then of course Zimmer would have gone with Teddy.  There is no profit in saying that he would have put in Teddy but had no confidence that Teddy could win a game for us.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
thats such a stupid stupid thing to say.

why would they have teddy start? sam knows shurmurs offense already while teddy’s never played in it. youre looking way too much into the deactivation. cmon barr youre smarter than this
For a guy who comstantly posts about your man crush on Teddy you might want to refrain from telling others their posts are stupid. 

Quote: @Norse said:
@pumpf said:
Myself I would like to sign Keenum who has no current knee problems. Lead us to the NFC title game, the players respect him, hopefully we could try and give us some stability at QB...at a reasonable cost.
True that he has no knee problems.  But he also has nothing in his history to say that this year wasn't a fluke... or that he'll come close to replicating it.  And, even if he did, as great as this year was, it's not like Case "carried" the team.  If the plan for "winning" means having a stellar defense and a "good enough" offense- sure, Case will do.  If the goal is to actually try to win a SB... by pairing a good defense with an offense capable of winning games by itself... then I think we need to do better than Case.