Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Wynn Coming Off Torn Labrum Surgery
Hmm, don’t recall this being discussed! So, how far will he drop...?  :o  :o

3-21-18  Isaiah Wynn unable to participate in Georgia Pro Day due to recovery from shoulder surgeryAt Georgia football’s pro day on Wednesday in Athens, former Georgia players hoping to be selected in the 2018 NFL Draft gathered to participate in workouts in front of NFL scouts and coaches. However, one former Georgia player was missing from the field during Wednesday’s workouts: offensive tackle Isaiah Wynn.
Wynn, who started all 15 games throughout his senior season last year, tore his labrum in the Bulldogs’ game against Kentucky on November 18. Instead of having surgery right away, Wynn decided to hold off until the end of the season and did not disclose his injury to the public.
Once his labrum was already torn, Wynn could not make it worse by continuing to play, which is why he was able to wait to have surgery. His decision to continue playing probably had an impact on the team’s success last season, as he was a key member of last year’s offensive line.
https://www.redandblack.com/sports/football/isaiah-wynn-unable-to-participate-in-georgia-pro-day-due/article_aab0ec3e-2d53-11e8-aa3f-5b33ce2c5e8f.html

Sounds like good news / bad news for the Vikings.  If we believe that he would have gone a few picks before us, the good news is he may fall into our lap.  If we believe that he would have been available at 30, then the bad news is that he might not be 100% for training camp.  Just more variables.  Fortunately, as with Price, there doesn't appear to be any long term concerns due to their injuries.

Double down, Wynn and Price...

There are injury concerns with Wynn, Price and Ragnow and I would happily take any one of them at 30. 

Don't forget the name Connor Williams. They like him a lot. 

Billy Price - C - BuckeyesOhio State C Billy Price told Sirius XM Radio on Monday that he's made "significant progress" from his pectoral injury.
Price suffered the injury at the NFL Scouting Combine while doing the bench press, but the former Buckeye claims that he has a "full range of motion" now in the area. He's now lifting dumbbells for the first time since the injury; obviously a positive sign. Price was once a lock to be the first center off the board, but because of the injury, he could slide into Day 2. Assuming full health, he'd be tremendous value at that point in the draft.Source: NFL Draft Scout

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:

Connor Williams is a big, mean athlete with great techniqueThe more I watched Connor Williams play, the more he grew on me.
The first time I ran through his tape, I put a little too much weight on some of his “bad” plays, when he was beaten in one-on-one pass rush situations. The more I paid attention, however, the more I realized they were the exceptions. 
Williams has some of the best footwork for a tackle that I have seen in a while. Generally when he did get beat, it was just because the pass rusher avoided Williams’ hands. But Williams was usually still in front of the guy because of those quick feet
Williams had a smooth and consistent kick-step on the snap of the football, which allowed him to intercept even the widest pass rushers, while also letting him quickly change directions to shut down counter moves inside. 

If they like him a lot they probably believe that his poor 2017 tape is due to his various injuries. Year before he was considered maybe the top tackle in the country. A bargain? Maybe so. Guess it depends on the "WHY" behind 2017.

Sounds like most teams consider him a guard, and his flexibility to be either is one of the things I like about him. You could put him in a competition at RT with Remmers and the loser could probably start at guard. 

I wouldn't take him over Wynn though. 

Williams could be one of those "Dan Marino" picks - considered a top 10 player until his last season, then a setback, overanalyzed by scouts, and slipped in the draft to give some team a steal.
Question: if the Vikings picked Williams, who played only LT throughout college, would they move him to RT, or consider moving Reiff to the right side?

Would they be looking at him to move to guard or possibly right tackle?