Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics
I love watching the Olympics.  It's the only time I ever watch the majority of the sports I tune into during the Games.

What about Gigi Martin from Warroad, MN (pop. 2000)?  Warroad has sent 8 players to the olympics.  Pretty amazing.

Okay, I'm a little late on this...  I've been more interested and watched a lot more of some other olympics over the years, but there were some pretty great moments in this one.  Certainly the Diggins win and the call was epic that was so reminiscent of the PA & Bercich call of Diggs' touchdown.  The similar names, both from (or for) Minnesota, the call.... it didn't even register until later that she was also wearing a #14 bibb!  Weird
[Image: diggins.jpg] 

and of course, there's also this:
https://sports.yahoo.com/team-usa-medal-...44115.html
Check out the breakdown and rankings by state, this includes team events like hockey, curling and team figure skating.
There were 31 different states represented at the Olympics in 2018 , producing 23 total medal winners.
Minnesota – 11 total medals, California – 11 total medals, Colorado – 7
total medals, Illinois – 4 total medals, Massachusetts – 4 total
medals, Michigan – 3 total medals, Utah – 3 total medals, Florida – 2
total medals, New York – 2 total medals, North Dakota – 2 total
medals, Idaho – 1 total medal, Indiana – 1 total medal, Nevada – 1 total
medal, North Carolina – 1 total medal, Pennsylvania – 1 total
medal, Vermont – 1 total medal

The MN number boosted with hockey and curling teams of course.  Also not sure if they counted Lyndsay Vonn, but I don't think so since Colorado claims her.