Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared Allen Coming Out Of Retirement

Holy Mullet! Link... 

LOL!

Curling  looks like a  fun drinking game

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Curling  looks like a  fun drinking game
I knew a guy in a fargo curling league that his broom was actually a long flask.  the handle was hollow and the end was capped and he kept it filled with "antifreeze"... filled at least until he got to the rink or what ever they called the curling venue.

I could see him sliding along the ice behind the rock doing his calf roping celebration.

Curling seems like a natural fit for JA.

Quote: @greediron said:
I could see him sliding along the ice behind the rock doing his calf roping celebration.

I think he is going to be to lanky,  hard to get all that arm and legs under control for the precision of something like curling I would think.  but hell,  hes a relatively young healthy eccentric millionaire with fairly modest tastes,  why not live a little and make a run at it?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

I think he is going to be to lanky,  hard to get all that arm and legs under control for the precision of something like curling I would think.  but hell,  hes a relatively young healthy eccentric millionaire with fairly modest tastes,  why not live a little and make a run at it?
Dunno about the physical attributes required for curling, but I wouldn't bet on a guy talented enough to play out a career in the NFL.  He has the focus and drive required and curling is probably a bit easier on the body.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

Dunno about the physical attributes required for curling, but I wouldn't bet on a guy talented enough to play out a career in the NFL.  He has the focus and drive required and curling is probably a bit easier on the body.
I dont either,  i am just thinking about that little crouch that the curlers use to launch their stones,  how tightly compressed they get their body so that they dont have any extra body movements to possibly throw off their shots.  I look at it like a snipers position,  they try and compress their upper bodies to reduce sway and shaking,  long arms and torso makes that more difficult for me anyway.

his career was based on speed and hand quickness,  when that was gone so was his game.

That's a total shift in direction. Good luck Jared. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

I dont either,  i am just thinking about that little crouch that the curlers use to launch their stones,  how tightly compressed they get their body so that they dont have any extra body movements to possibly throw off their shots.  I look at it like a snipers position,  they try and compress their upper bodies to reduce sway and shaking,  long arms and torso makes that more difficult for me anyway.

his career was based on speed and hand quickness,  when that was gone so was his game.
seems you have put way more thought into it than I have... B)

I simply thought about his roping celebration, he had the crouch down.