Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Awarded 2 Compensatory Picks in 2018 NFL Draft
Quote: @Purplemachine said:
I thought you couldn't trade comp picks? I could be wrong. 
they changed that rule a couple years ago... they are marketable now.

Quote: @Purplemachine said:
This is the first year that teams can trade comp picks. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Purplemachine said:
This is the first year that teams can trade comp picks. 
Last year's draft was the first they could be traded.

Only one thing I know for sure. We'll end up with a 4th rounder. Come hell or hiwatta, Rick will get his 4th back. Man loves picking as close to the top of day 3 as possible. And it makes some sense. There's always a handful of droppers sitting there at the end of Friday's draft who, after a night of sleep, start sounding real good. I would bet those picks right around 100 are the most traded in the draft. 

The NFL should do away with comp picks. If they want to add an 8th round to the draft, that's fine. But why reward teams for letting free agents leave? If you did not want those players, great, let them leave. You can replace them in FA or in the draft - with your existing picks. Or not. But you should not get compensation for letting players walk.

Quote: @dadevike said:
The NFL should do away with comp picks. If they want to add an 8th round to the draft, that's fine. But why reward teams for letting free agents leave? If you did not want those players, great, let them leave. You can replace them in FA or in the draft - with your existing picks. Or not. But you should not get compensation for letting players walk.
I agree,  in a hard salary cap league with no "luxury" spending allowed,   its really kind of stupid to reward teams that are already strong enough and dont want to part ways with their vets, that they cant afford to pay their younger guys to retain them.  or to bail out teams that spend stupidly on players that arent producers and then lose their younger guys because of cap issues.

in uncapped leagues or like baseball where the big market teams simply pay a luxury tax on the extra millions they spend, then I can see helping the small markets (essentially farm teams)  who get their best players snipped by the big spenders on a regular basis.