Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your QB choice is
If it were up to you who would you want starting at QB

It was supposed to say Case Keenum not Kenneum lol anyway  I'm sure everyone knows who I meant Feel free to explain your reason why.If Sam and Teddy are 100% I'm going Sam.If that were the 2 choices.If it were between case and Kirk I just don't know if I'm comfortable throwing the bank at kirk or Case.I guess my  gut says try Captain Kirk.To bodly go where no QB has taken us before.Super Bowl win

Quote: @willbjammin said:
It was supposed to say Case Keenum not Kenneum lol anyway  I'm sure everyone knows who I meant 
Case can't get no respect...  :p

The first two are BIG IFs!

How much $$$ and commitment for each?  I chose Teddy(assuming near 100% health) because of age, potential, likely low $$ and shorter term-it would also be predicated on the presumption that they like Sloter a lot and either bringing in a decent vet to compete on a fair team deal or maybe drafting another prospect on day 2 as insurance.

I like Cousins but his price and penchant for boneheaded plays and no real track record of winning even though he puts up big fantasy stats concern me. 

I like Case better than Bradford and he would be option B for me only because I think he will require an over commitment by the team IMO, I think Denver or somebody will give him more years/money than I'd be willing to-but who knows.

Sam is tempting because he has the arm talent, I've just never bought into him being the winner-he is like the anti-Case.  Everything he lacks Case has and everything Case lacks Sam has.  IDK

I just hope they make the right call whoever that is and don't put themselves in cap or draft hell by overpaying for somebody that doesn't pan out.  Good luck Rick and Zim....

Hmmm...  does 100% healthy mean no knee concerns for the future or just that they will both be 100% healthy at the start of the season.

If it's the latter, I'd probably go with Cousins long-term.  Bradford has the best arm of the bunch but he is also the most risky health-wise with those knees.  I still think Teddy could be a very good QB if he's fully recovered.

Case would definitely be my last choice given the options in the poll.  If you put a gun to my head...  I'd probably go Cousins, Teddy, Bradford, and Case.

Vikings get to the NFC Championship game because Keenum dealt with pressure better than any QB coming off the pine in history, and fans want to replace him with the guy who led the league in interceptions under pressure last year.

If Keenum won 9 games last year, people would be all over him talking about his potential.  Instead, he gets one game shy of the Superbowl and everyone is window shopping replacements.

Quote: @Steve said:
Vikings get to the NFC Championship game because Keenum dealt with pressure better than any QB coming off the pine in history, and fans want to replace him with the guy who led the league in interceptions under pressure last year.

If Keenum won 9 games last year, people would be all over him talking about his potential.  Instead, he gets one game shy of the Superbowl and everyone is window shopping replacements.
well said.  Im amazed, but shouldn’t be.  Most teams would be looking for a way to lock him down and looking forward to next year.  Vike fans deserve the misery that follows them lol

Quote: @Steve said:

Keenum looked very "backup-ish" in the playoffs, despite how amazingly he'd done earlier in the season.  Yes, it's harsh and maybe another season would allow him to grow to the next level with the team...but for the moment, he's the latest recent Vikings QB to crash and burn in the NFCC game.  This comes with a massive, albeit unfair, stigma.

Was the loss all his fault?  Hell, no.  The whole team got outplayed and outcoached.  That said, he seemed to display his ceiling...and it was well short of what was required to get to "the game".

I'm split on Cousins and a "healthy Bradford", largely because they're similar "pocket passers" and each comes with concerns.  That said, Keenum comes with his own, and I don't know if anyone actually can say what we have in Teddy right now.

It's pretty maddening, and I really do dream of a time where Vikings fans go into multiple consecutive offseasons without losing sleep/hair/tooth enamel over our signal caller.

I got no idea really.  I'm sure the brass gave kniwledge we dint posess BUT, "for entertainment purpises only" i want to go with Case.  I love his moxie, and he got us damn close.  True, he tailed off but he slso had an OL that was injured.  

I just like the guy.