Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Rounder From Draft Wire

Wynn would be awesome but I have my doubts he will be there for us at 30 the way his stock is rising. 

He seems to have placed himself as the #2 interior lineman...

If Leighton Vander Esch makes it to the bottom of round two, many teams will be all over that. He will blow up the combine and could end up in the bottom of the 1st. 

Is he traditional 4-3 backer? I can't see us expending that type of draft capital on a guy who'd play on a third of the time...or is he insurance if Barr leaves?

A kicker...?  :o 

Passing on McGlinchey makes no sense. He replaces Remmers, who can then duke it out with Izzy and Easton and hopefully a Draft pick for the OG spots.

Wynn takes Berger's spot but that does nothing to upgrade the RT spot. He needs to be significantly better than McGlinchey for that pick to make sense.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Passing on McGlinchey makes no sense. He replaces Remmers, who can then duke it out with Izzy and Easton and hopefully a Draft pick for the OG spots.

Wynn takes Berger's spot but that does nothing to upgrade the RT spot. He needs to be significantly better than McGlinchey for that pick to make sense.
I don't disagree with what you are saying, but Wynn grades out as a better prospect by most draft experts and we need to fill both of those positions. If Wynn is somehow sitting there at 30 with McGlinchey, I take the higher rated player. Especially  the one who brings mobility to the guard position which is what the Eagles' line emphasizes. I have my doubts Wynn will still be on the board. I think we would have a very good shot at McGlinchey if that is our target and I would be very happy with that. He would be the best Right Tackle we have between Remmers and Hill IMO and you could slide one of them inside to take Berger's spot.