Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Californians line up to legally buy recreational pot
Predicted to be $7b in Cali alone...Lots of tax $$Californians line up to legally buy recreational pot
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/01/us/califor...index.html

I generally wince at any news coming from Kalifornia...but this is overdue.

The arguments against legalization serve no one but the for-profit prison industry and the kind of p.o.s. legislators that get hard-ons for imprisoning other Americans.  Yes, any kind of impaired driving is tragically stupid and should be legitimately prosecuted...but as one of the only substances that has no overdose fatalities and is less harmful than booze, the DEA and the aforementioned prisons have been using it as a money-printing-press at our expense for decades.

I say this despite the fact that I haven't taken so much as a toke in over 2 decades.

Don't overlook the beer and alcohol industry.  

It would kill the bar business.  Who would prefer a bar and getting drunk over a cafe with a nice cup of coffee and weed?

Well put A1,

Cup of coffee and just a little, bitty toke over a bar and drunk thank you...

Sessions nixes Obama-era rules leaving states alone that legalize pot(CNN)Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday rescinded a trio of memos from the Obama administration that had adopted a policy of non-interference with marijuana-friendly state laws.
The move essentially shifts federal policy from the hands-off approach adopted under the previous administration to unleashing federal prosecutors across the country to decide individually how to prioritize resources to crack down on pot possession, distribution and cultivation of the drug in states where it is legal.
While many states have decriminalized or legalized marijuana use, the drug is still illegal under federal law, creating a conflict between federal and state law. Thursday's announcement is a major decision for an attorney general who has regularly decried marijuana use as dangerous.
In a written statement Thursday, Sessions called the shift a "return to the rule of law" but he did not go as far as some advocates had feared he might, stopping short of explicitly directing more prosecutions, resources or other efforts to take down the industry as a whole.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/j...index.html

Sessions is the worst personnel mistake Trumplestilskin made, and that only gets more true every time that treasonous little snake opens his pie hole.

"The Donald" could raise his approval marks considerably if he outsted Sessions on the basis of "accepting the will of the people", most of whom are tired of the BS "war on drugs" that does little but guarantee crime and incarcerate/kill Americans.

this might be coincidence or other,  but I heard at one time the reason that pot was so readily available compared to other drugs was a wink and nod agreement between the mexican cartels and the US govt.  as long as the US left their pot trade relatively alone, but kept it illegal for US to grow, then they would not  push the other harder drugs up from mexico.  when the US decided to turn a blind eye to colorado and other states and allow it to be grown locally that pissed the cartels off and that is why we are seeing so many more issues with the harder stuff is they are now pushing a lot more of that into the US since they dont make as much on their pot.  I dont know how much of that was true, but I do find it interest that in the last decade since pot has basically been green lighted in the US that we now have so many more issues with other drugs like heroin and such.

I do know for a fact that the mexican cartels are taking over our indian reservations and using their sovereign status to keep product and cash out of state and local law enforcement reach. ... and the feds dont really do shit on the reservations in terms of law enforcement.

Good for California. That is a boatload of cash. Marijuana has medicinal benefit as well as the recreational high. I look forward to seeing states continue to push to legalize it. 

Nobody is in prison for simply possessing or smoking pot.

I think Sessions is putting the ball back in the hands of actual law makers.  Obama governed by edict, memos, and EO and that is simply reversed as it should be when it contradicts established law.

Lobby Congress if you want  it  legalized, it can't be done with a simple memo..

That said do i need to be a Cali resident to purchase?  :p