Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor Frey welcomes NFL fans to Minneapolis
Quote: @greediron said:
@ThunderGod said:
All i am hearing from,people is that because of how they Eagle fans acted, the hope NE smashes them.  And most dont really want to see NE get another SB or caannot stand Brady.
It is a dilemma.  I like the Eagle players, but they just don't represent the Philly fans.  The players seem like decent people, but the fans think that since everyone knows they are assholes, they somehow have license to be assholes and worse.

IMO the cross fundraising tells an interesting story.  I am not a big fan of fads like the crowdsource fundraising but look at the 2 comparisons.  Minnesota raised around 200k (?) for Morestad's charity.  Some may have been in a mocking way, but no way all of the 200k was our of spite.

Contrast that with Eagle fans wanting to show they weren't all bad so they made a big deal about donating to Zimmer's charity.  A whole $7k.  Talk about wanting really show everyone. 
I have the Mike Zimmer Foundation page on Facebook. They last reported that they'd received around $11,000 from Eagles fans...but point taken. That fan base has really embraced their thug reputation. Of course we've all known that it has been present for a long while but after being in a high profile game (NFCC) it showcased just how out of hand it has gotten. Cowboys, Giants and Redskins fans have always known this arrogance but now the rest of the country has gotten a peek. My hope against hope is that putting a light on it will engender some change but with the current regime at the helm of the NFL I don't see it happening. 
I also agree with you Greed, I like many of their players (especially Carson of course) and it's not the team I have a problem with at all.

This is classic!! Love it.