Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not done, not even close
As a matter of fact, I have only just begun. I know losing sucks. I know it can feel like your heart was ripped out and you are holding it and staring at it. But life is like that sometimes. It's a crazy wild emotional roller coaster. Sometimes you are up, sometimes you are down. I got to witness the first playoff game at US Bank Stadium and that place was rocking. So it's another step closer. Another monkey off their backs.

And we have most of our players signed. We have a few questions but there is time for some answers. The window is open. So take some time. Do you. Do whatever you gotta do to take care of you. Take a break. Kick back and relax. Rant and rave. Do whatever it takes. So it was brutal. But they will get back up. They will rise again. And I will be here because I love this team damn it. And no matter what, we've got each other because we understand what it is to be a fan. Check out, check back in. The site will always be on.

There was a ton of positives this year for the Vikings. No one expected us to go this far with our starting QB and stud RB going down. I thought the season was over very early. Zimmer made the guys believe.
I think with a couple key guys coming in and another good draft that this team will be special in 2018.

Was a great ride and the core of the team is coming back...a whole lot went wrong on Sunday and I just wish we had a few emotional leaders on this team trying to fire folks up and right the ship in the moment.  Hell, getting pissed off...something.  It looked like an early check out and shock of how bad it was going vs. trying to fight.  I want to see that next year more than anything.

Usually that comes from a coaching / culture thing and Offense and Defense leaders.  I expected griff to be running around like a maniac, but no.  Case just looked beside himself, not trying to fire the team up, head down.  Do we have these guys on our team?  Doesn't appear Sam or Case have that fire.  Teddy?  Zim seems to be emotional / fiery , you'd think the team would be as well.  We need moxie, plus a few additions on the lines, CB help and we will be right back there next year.  Who is bringing that determination, toughness????

I'm a ND resident, but Minnesota is about 200 yards from my backyard.  I spend most every weekend in the spring, summer, and early fall at our Minnesota lake cabin that we've had in the family longer than I've been alive.

I love Minnesota, and it's who I am.  Because of that, I also love the Vikings.  That's also who I am.

SKOL!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I'm a ND resident, but Minnesota is about 200 yards from my backyard.  I spend most every weekend in the spring, summer, and early fall at our Minnesota lake cabin that we've had in the family longer than I've been alive.

I love Minnesota, and it's who I am.  Because of that, I also love the Vikings.  That's also who I am.

SKOL!
Nope, you're 200 yards away from MN, so you're not "one of us" and don't pretend to be Wink

I guess it remains to be seen whether I'll be here next year, at least, in a fan perspective. Yes my situation is different than most, however, the past 11 years i have supporged, rooted and cheered for this team and from this point forward I'll be on this teams side. I've met and mingled with some great people here and you can always count on me as a Vikings fan for the remainder of my life. Of course i may take a year or 2 or maybe 3 absence from being a Vikings fan, but only due to circumstances out of my control. Hopefully, i won't have to do that, but as i said that is out of my control.

I honestly don't know where Brian will be next year. He has shown his loyalty to this team and has proven his love for this team and it's fans and i hope they show him that same loyalty (the upper management mostly) however, it is a business and i understand.
I know they will ask for another pay cut and right or not, i don't think he should take one. I think he should be able to retire whenever he is ready. I know Brian well enough to say he will leave thjs game when he believes he can no longer help his team by being effective. Hell if it was up to me i wouldn't want him to retire but then again it's not my body and it's not me who has to spend so much time away from family. He has accomplished just about everything a man can accomplish in his life, except for 1 thing. We all know what that is. And he wanted to do it with this team. I soooo pray and hope that he gets to do that. 
As for me i will always be with the Vikings

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@HappyViking said:

SKOL!
Nope, you're 200 yards away from MN, so you're not "one of us" and don't pretend to be Wink

My Minnesota State property tax bill says differently.  I own land in Minny, so I'm both a North Dakotan and Minnesotan.  Yeah, you betcha - lucky me.  B)

I'm gonna start this out by saying of course this hurt.  We had an amazing season, with a great supporting cast.  I don't need to waste time talking about Adam, Case, or the batch of old guys (the players and some of you out there) that might finally get one.  With that being said, we know heart break.  We eat it, live it, and breathe it.  If we didn't we would be Steeler's or Pat's fans.  Nothing is holding you guys to liking the team.  Some of you are from Minnesota, and feel bound by that, but it is just as easy to jump on another bandwagon.  We keep coming back because this is our team.  We don't need Superbowl wins to bleed purple and gold.  You bet your ass I'd be happier if we had one, but come March this year is done.  Just a distant memory.  I think I accepted our fate after the Saints, and maybe that is why I'm a little numb to this one.  I can still see Gary's face after the miss. I can still see Brett broken and bruised after throwing the pick, but you know what sticks out after this loss?  Nothing.  Only that our window isn't closing.  We don't have Denny or Chilly to worry about.  We have a coach who took a team with a retread QB, No name wide outs, and a 40 year old number 2 corner to the second best record in franchise history. Think of what he can do with a real QB, a real #1 receiver (I love Adam, but you know what I mean), and time to build his team. Maybe he got a little out coached, but maybe we need to do better at not drinking the Kool Aid.  The Eagles are a damn good team, even with Nick Foles.  Want do discredit us for losing to a Foles led team, then you can do the same for every team we beat this year.

If that doesn't get your blood moving a little bit, maybe its time to watch golf.