Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater: 'This season has been a test of my character'
Kevin Seifert‏Verified account @SeifertESPN 1h1 hour ago
More
Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater said he "definitely" views himself as a 2018 starter but admitted he does not know if it will be in Minnesota. He called this season, which included a demotion for the playoffs, a "test of my character." http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0747138028002086973-4 …

And Case...

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson 7m7 minutes ago
More
Case Keenum said he has great respect for Vikings organization but would not go so far as to say they are his top priority to re sign with.

And so it begins: Its obvious, both guys feel slighted by the organization. Case because they didn't commit to him at some point and Teddy because they bypassed him. Its going to be VERY interesting. But either will be elated if the Vikings name as their guy. 

Guaranteed that whomever the Viking's move on from, the org. will get an earful in an article with the his new hometown team about how Minnesota 'mistreated' him. Just how it goes, somebody will be pissed.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from
teddy then he definitely has a case for being mistreated.....just cast him off to the side because of hus injury? thats bullshit.

wherever teddy lands next year and starts he’ll definitely prove the doubters wrong. 

That injury was a tragic one and horrendous. It wasn't your typical simple ACL. If you also saw how he looked in the Cincy game then you would know he doesn't trust that knee at this point.
I am all for giving Teddy a shot, but to say "just because of his injury" is the wrong way to look at this situation in a fair light.

Last nights game was a test of my character...

Got to get the OC and QB right to take that next step, no doubt.  Regardless of who (and I think all 3 qb's on the roster have detractions) lets hope its best for the VIKINGS TEAM. 

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from
teddy then he definitely has a case for being mistreated.....just cast him off to the side because of hus injury? thats bullshit.

wherever teddy lands next year and starts he’ll definitely prove the doubters wrong. 

That injury was a tragic one and horrendous. It wasn't your typical simple ACL. If you also saw how he looked in the Cincy game then you would know he doesn't trust that knee at this point.
I am all for giving Teddy a shot, but to say "just because of his injury" is the wrong way to look at this situation in a fair light.
he took TWO SNAPS against cincy. youve got to be kidding me if youre judging him off of that. most likely it may have been nerves. all reports say that teddy was very impressive in practices. even b robs dad said so in one of his threads

Teddy wouldn't plant on that leg with either throws and favored his leg noticeable.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Canthony said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
if we move on from

he took TWO SNAPS against cincy. youve got to be kidding me if youre judging him off of that. most likely it may have been nerves. all reports say that teddy was very impressive in practices. even b robs dad said so in one of his threads

Teddy wouldn't plant on that leg with either throws and favored his leg noticeable.
Nah, I didn't see anything like that. No way the team lets him go out there if he's still favoring anything. You're reading into something that wasn't there.

I am so conflicted on what direction I would like to see the team take.

Case,  I really like his durability ( theres no ability like availability) his mobility is a huge plus,  and his keeping his eyes down field.  I dont like  some of his decision making and he still has the issue of locking onto a target at times as well as holding the ball to long.  his lack of arm strength could be problematic at times, but he has seemed to be able to work with it in target selection.  I am not convinced he is a long term starter and I dont like the thought of locking our cap up on him for more than 1 year at this point.  ( make him prove that this year wasnt a fluke)

Sam,  the best arm talent of the bunch,  but those knees.  His lack of mobility and the continued injury issue would have me offering him a contract that is very very incentive laden with not much guaranteed.

Teddy,  positives... youth, smarts, great attitude, decent (not great) arm.  questions- showed good promise 2 years ago in preseason but after missing 2 seasons we have no idea what he will look like,  his knee got the green light from the doctors,  but how healthy is it long term?  I would say that Teddy has the most upside, but also has the most questions of the 3 since he was not even close to a finished product and already was showing like a pro QB, but so much time off and medical concerns... a prove it deal at most and he will have to compete for the #1 with another starting caliber type QB.   

I think Teddy and Case would make the most sense but I just dont see either wanting to stay here and compete.  I think as smiley as both guys are,  the situation may have been becoming mildly toxic and neither seem like the type to want to compete in that type of environment.  perhaps picking one and then bringing in a fresh face to compete would be the best... but who to keep and who to try and bring in?

We really don't have the info we should have on the QBs as fans to make a statement on who the right guy is to commit to.  In hindsight it would have been great to see more of Teddy.

He was definitely unsettled/hyped/nervous in the 6 snaps he got vs Cincy.  I have no idea how we can make any conclusions on his knee he didn't take a step out of the pocket on his two pass attempts.  Sam like wise, the knee has to be a major concern for any team and he needs top notch OL ay to be effective.  Case is a gamer , can succeed with some protection issues but I'm still not sold he has the tools to win/succeed consistently in a structured offense from the pocket.  His accuracy is the worst of the three but he is the most fearless-for better or worse.

If Teddy is 100% recovered with no lingering issues I'd lean towards him but would ensure a solid vet behind him.

Not sure I believe Case actually wants to be in MN, I don't think the HC is 100% behind him and he likely knows that.  What to make of Bradford being active over Teddy IDK-makes sense just because the lack of live snaps and Sam's reps in the system.

If Zimm still wants Teddy as his QB I think we will know soon enough.  I sure wish Sloter had another full season under his belt so they could at least look at him as the #2 going into the off season.  It would allow them to grab a rookie QB early , which may not be an option if Sam or Teddy are presumed starters.

Its going to be a very interesting (and crucial) off season and could lead to some real discord in Vikingland.

Cheers 

Teddy feels slighted (it appears), but he shouldn't.  Eric Sugarman saved his leg.  Case earned the job.

On Case, he is just using smart financial leverage.  If the Viking want him or either of the other 2 QBs, all they have to do is tag them