Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins free agent race: Vegas drops latest odds
Kirk Cousins is now a heavy favorite to sign with the Minnesota Vikings.https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Bolt/Kirk-Cousins-free-agent-race-Vegas-drops-latest-odds-115932992

If they are legit Vegas odds I'd say it's happening like many of the reported "rumors"
If so IMO I go heavy OL in the draft and focus on maintaining a good OL with young talent long term.  A good QB with a good OL is 80% of a successful offense.  OG and OC are the mot affordable and critical part and don't usually require a lot of draft capital.  I guess hope they can pull of a trade back for more Day 2 draft capital and get Price(early 2nd?) and maybe N Chubb(RB) to pair with Cook in the 3rd? Maybe those are optimistic outcomes.  Then they can afford to keep AT and Diggs in the next year or so to keep the offense legit for the next several years.
The rest of the draft needs to be value with a focus on defensive depth/playmakers.

I really liked watching Cousins at Michigan State.  At the time I was a little surprised he lasted until the 4th.  During his time with Washington I'd kind of grown a dislike for him and started thinking he's a douche.  I do think that a lot of it has been media driven and that since I think Jay Gruden is such a dipshit it's rubbed off on Kirk.  We'll see how it goes IF we do get him.  I do think he has the chance to be the best all-around qb we've had in years.  The Vikings have NEVER had a qb throw for over 4,900 yards like he did in '16.  His three starting seasons for the Redskins would put his passing yards at 1st, 5th and 6th for the Vikings and numbers like Favre and Culpepper gave the team.  I'm up for the possibility of that.