Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
non viking fans pulling for the vikings
its unbeleivable  the  amount  of  friends  i have  that  have called  texted  your  came  personally  to tell  me  there  pulling  for  the  vikings since   diggs gamewinning td win . even packers and bears fans my  phone has exploded  with texts and  calls  . i went to work  and the  place was packed with customers  telling  me how  much  they want the vikings to win the  super bowl. the  point is  i think alot football fans  know  how many  disapointments and bad things have happened to the  vikings that since there  teams are  done  they really want  the vikings and there fans to finally get the feeling of winning the big prize

Agree...all of my students are excited for me...all want to see the Vikes take it all!!!

I think this past weekends heroics have been a "conversion experience" for folks.

Let's keep it going!!

Well make sure and let the zebras know that the Vikings W is what is best for revenue and to make sure a clean game is called

Watching my 10-year-old twins go nuts yesterday, and all the kids in the fan reaction videos, I was reminded of when I was 10 and, not living anywhere near Minnesota, chose them as my team because of big plays like we saw Sunday from players like Alan Page and Fran Tarkenton and Chuck Foreman.

10-year-olds everywhere (who don't live in NFL cities) are now choosing the teams they will follow for the rest of their lives. The boat is about to get real crowded. 

They discussed the topic (which team are [you] pulling for) on GMFB this morning and did a poll which the Vikings led with 38%.  One of the reasons they said for people choosing the Vikings is because they're a likeable team as opposed to the arrogance that others convey.

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/953231695347625984

Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson are rooting for the Vikings to win it all.

Don't see many Viking fans down here, but since Sunday, you're right. Friends and family and support have poure it via Facebook, text and calls.

Brian's small hometown of Splendora have blown up my wife's and daughter's Facebook. That has never happened. Brian's hometown residents and former residents and other small towns around us have absolutely sent their hopes, prayers and support his way. It literally brought tears to my eyes reading the comments and seeing everyone hoping he brings a ring home this year.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Watching my 10-year-old twins go nuts yesterday, and all the kids in the fan reaction videos, I was reminded of when I was 10 and, not living anywhere near Minnesota, chose them as my team because of big plays like we saw Sunday from players like Alan Page and Fran Tarkenton and Chuck Foreman.

10-year-olds everywhere (who don't live in NFL cities) are now choosing the teams they will follow for the rest of their lives. The boat is about to get real crowded. 
Yep  - and I can only imagine how many new fans were "created" after that play! Thousands of kids in the US - and around the world - now pumping purple in their little veins! 

One of my best friends at work is a huge Bears fan and he told me last week he was pulling for the Vikes.  He told me today (I'm off on Monday's) that he was jumping up and down cheering when the Vikes pulled off the Miracle.  In fact I think everyone that I work with is pulling for the Vikes with the exception of my boss, she's a Pats fan.  Hell, she even said that it wouldn't break her heart if the Vikings win it all.

If it's a Pats-Vikings Super Bowl 95% of the country will be pulling for the Vikings.