Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The :10 sec play was great, however
How about :40 ???

The Saints had a first and 10 on the 33 with :40 left

That to me is mind boggling 

A few of the guys I was watching with were wondering why and the hell we were calling time outs...

I was like 'huh? Uh... duh? To get the ball back if they take the lead?" ... one guy is like "nah you cant give them time if you are winning." ... lol!

4 lead changes in last 3:01 as well.  Rather improbable. Definitely epic.

Would have been easier on the ticker if the D had stopped them on 4-10.  But won't trade this epic finish for anything.

Yeah...gotta make that 4th down stop.
A team against the wall will use all four downs, gotta make plays to win the game late

They did make a play that got Iost in what happened afterwards: If the defense doesn't stop them on 3rd & 1 with :33 remaining, then the Saints can run the clock all they way down and we'd be sitting here bemoaning just another choke job in the playoffs.

So a big shoutout to the Defense for staying focused and not giving up and especially to Anthony Harris for knifing into the backfield right at the snap and grabbing Kamara from behind to prevent him from getting any head of steam Smile

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
How about :40 ???

The Saints had a first and 10 on the 33 with :40 left

That to me is mind boggling 
I honestly don't even know what happened after that. Between the beer and the madness of the last play, my mind has erased any recollection of what came before. Definitely looking forward to watching this one again to find out.