Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the Cameras Didn't Show You - Our Last one for the Season
Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Thanks for you insight all season Tom! It’s good to hear all of this extra stuff. 

I see a common theme with all of these players you mention every week, they seem to be genuinely nice guys. Hearing Thielen giving interveiws to everyone. Xavier, Smith, Marcus, BRob, and all these guys all appear to be high character guys.

It’s nice to see that. It’s nice to see guys giving their time so you guys can do your job and give us fans a little extra.

Oh, and by the way, I hate Joe Buck a little less this morning. His call on that final play seemed very genuine and he seemed to be excited for the Vikings. Not all is forgiven, but it’s a start.  
i know Joe.  I promise, the only team he favors is the St Louis Cardinals baseball team

great work once again Tom, thanks for doing this for all of us.

Damn Tom you produce such great and profound incite...I sorta tear up! Burnsy is still given them hell. It must be magical to get to meet and engage the players. And I haven't heard 1 time a bad assessment of any of our players. Just total class! You are too! Thanks.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the Dejo hit. It wasn't just illegal, it was dirty.

Quote: @ATXVIKE said:
Damn Tom you produce such great and profound incite...I sorta tear up! Burnsy is still given them hell. It must be magical to get to meet and engage the players. And I haven't heard 1 time a bad assessment of any of our players. Just total class! You are too! Thanks.
Thanks - to be fair, there are players that you tend to steer clear of.  Not because they are bad people, but Marcus Sherels is so shy, he is really hard to get more than yes or no out of.  Andrew Sendejo is tough too - not much humor in him and he marches to the beat of a different drummer.  But his fellow DBs love him.  Some are cranky after losses, just like we are after bad days at work, you just have to read the body language.  Most reporters just jump into the pooled interviews with the stars - they all get the same soundbytes and seems lazy to me at times.  Go for original!

FYI - in a few of the interviews, you will see Fox 9's Dawn Mitchell. We have a good rapport and she has to get quotes and video for the evening news reports.  I try to find those who need something and will give them a chance to get what they need to.  You will see that in the Pat Elflein interview.  

Thanks Tom and Mike for these great insightful pieces you get for us. 2 big thumbs up. Awesome. 

Thank you for this. Wonderful. When you posted "* The knockout hit on Sendejo was illegal as illegal can be - it was a pick-block and the Saint WR lowered his shoulder and forearmed him." I didnt even see it live, but my son (13 yrs) did and told me what happened (forearm and all) as we watched Sendejo laying on the turf. I sure hope he's back next week. Thanks again for the insider insight.

This truly is the feature I look forward to the most. Thank you for the insight into the team. The season has been filled with so many great memories and this is a part of it. After reading your recaps, you just feel like you know the guys on a more personal level. 

Quick note - I heard one of the evening KFAN broadcasts/public appearances that featured Sendejo as a guest. I was laughing out loud and thought he had a great sense of humor. Maybe he was just 'in his element' there, but he was quick witted and funny.

And you're right, it's tiring screaming and yelling so much. But we did our best! I was asked a few times today about my strained voice. After replying with 'was at the game yesterday', people gave an understanding nod. Then we'd proceed to relive the Minneapolis Miracle!

Thanks again

Quote: @Nichelle said:
This truly is the feature I look forward to the most. Thank you for the insight into the team. The season has been filled with so many great memories and this is a part of it. After reading your recaps, you just feel like you know the guys on a more personal level. 

Quick note - I heard one of the evening KFAN broadcasts/public appearances that featured Sendejo as a guest. I was laughing out loud and thought he had a great sense of humor. Maybe he was just 'in his element' there, but he was quick witted and funny.

And you're right, it's tiring screaming and yelling so much. But we did our best! I was asked a few times today about my strained voice. After replying with 'was at the game yesterday', people gave an understanding nod. Then we'd proceed to relive the Minneapolis Miracle!

Thanks again
Thanks Nichelle.  To be clear, if we ask Andrew to talk, he will, we just have not found our rhythm with him.  It's sort of like Everson Griffen.  He is very emotional and funny and talkative.  We've interviewed him about 4 times, and we have not drawn the humor out of him, but we see others do it, so that is on us to figure it out!