Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opioid Crisis Hits The Scouting Community
Billy Price - C - BuckeyesAn AFC team pro personnel director said Ohio State C Billy Price " Has a lot of edge" and "might hit 40 on the bench."
The pro personnel director also mentioned he love's Price's (6'4/315) "toughness" and "grit" and expects him to have a great combine. NFL.com's Lance Zierlein compares Price to LeCharles Bentley and projects him to be selected in the second round. Zierlein is also excited about his athleticism saying, "Price's power and leverage give him a huge advantage over most centers in this draft." He believes Price is an "early starter with Pro Bowl potential."
The second? No...nfw...nogonnahappen...

I think Price is going to be an All-Pro center or guard in the NFL. He's going to get drafted right where Minnesota picks in round 1 to about 10 picks into round 2. He's tough as nails. Tenacious.

If you are serious about upgrading the offensive line, the Vikings need to look hard at him. If Minnesota went offensive line with their two top picks, I'd be stoked. Its pretty crazy how good Elflein was his rookie year, no reason to think another drafted offensive lineman couldn't make the same impact as a starter.

With chemistry being about the #1 key component in quality OL play,  how could the Vikes not look to add Price next to Elf?  Another G/C to take the place of Berger when/if he hangs them up.  As much as I would like to take McGlinchey if available,  or Goedert for sure,  it would be hard to pass on Price.

You take McGlinchey. Every time. RT is a bigger problem and Price does nothing to fix it.

Look, Sirles and Izzy have Started and/or played a lot of snaps without the Line noticeably regressing. And Rick can always add a mid-rounder for more competition. And let's not forget signing that guy from the Eagles already.

You draft McGlinchey and you put Hill back at swing where he can continue to develop and add Remmers to the RG battle.

Easton is probably a lock as they love his mobility. Remmers,.Izzy, the Eagles guy, possibly a draft pick and maybe Sirles. The best man from that group will have truly earned the right to start.

The only way you pick Price or Wynn is if no OTs are available. Which would suck as RT will remain the weakest position on the entire team.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
You take McGlinchey. Every time. RT is a bigger problem and Price does nothing to fix it.

Look, Sirles and Izzy have Started and/or played a lot of snaps without the Line noticeably regressing. And Rick can always add a mid-rounder for more competition. And let's not forget signing that guy from the Eagles already.

You draft McGlinchey and you put Hill back at swing where he can continue to develop and add Remmers to the RG battle.

Easton is probably a lock as they love his mobility. Remmers,.Izzy, the Eagles guy, possibly a draft pick and maybe Sirles. The best man from that group will have truly earned the right to start.

The only way you pick Price or Wynn is if no OTs are available. Which would suck as RT will remain the weakest position on the entire team.
If I thought McGlinchey would be able to play LT in the pros I would agree,  I could be wrong but I see him as a RT only.  maybe in emergency duty at the left side, but I dont expect him to play LT at the next level.  I like Prices strong versatility and the grit to his game.  

Which still doesn't fix RT. Are you comfortable with Remmers & Hill against Jordan and Graham again in the Playoffs? 

And why wouldn't you use a First on a RT? Teams are moving their best pass rusher to that side to create a favorable matchup. Makes having bookends that much more important.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Which still doesn't fix RT. Are you comfortable with Remmers & Hill against Jordan and Graham again in the Playoffs? 

And why wouldn't you use a First on a RT? Teams are moving their best pass rusher to that side to create a favorable matchup. Makes having bookends that much more important.
I am not saying I wouldnt use a first on him,  but I think having an all pro caliber OG/C to pair with Elf would trump a RT at this time.  Remmers can man the position most of the time.  I think we should have given them more help in those games where they are facing better talent.  I dont know of many RTs that could stand up to those guys on a consistent basis.

I have no problem with drafting a G high.  I think Price makes a lot of sense in that he
could also backup at C, whereas I don’t really trust Easton at C.  I do think you have a better opportunity of
getting a steal at G than you do at tackle later in the draft.  There’s always the chance that we could get a
RT at the end of the first and an Elflein caliber RG at the end of the second.

Right now, I have greater trust in Remmers at RT than I do
of any of our players to play at RG.  If
for some reason we could pull out an offseason where we got Richardson and
Sitton in FA, and followed it up with a Price and/or McGlinchey, that would be an
amazing start to our offseason and would make any QBs life easier.

I want Billy Price. Grab Richardson in FA and we look a whole lot better

Quote: @medaille said:
I have no problem with drafting a G high.  I think Price makes a lot of sense in that he
could also backup at C, whereas I don’t really trust Easton at C.  I do think you have a better opportunity of
getting a steal at G than you do at tackle later in the draft.  There’s always the chance that we could get a
RT at the end of the first and an Elflein caliber RG at the end of the second.

Right now, I have greater trust in Remmers at RT than I do
of any of our players to play at RG.  If
for some reason we could pull out an offseason where we got Richardson and
Sitton in FA, and followed it up with a Price and/or McGlinchey,
that would be an
amazing start to our offseason and would make any QBs life easier.
ok... you got my attention now... please tell me more  =)