Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Guys To Take A Peek At
Josh Sitton - G - Free AgentThe Bears have declined LG Josh Sitton's $8 million team option for 2018, making him a free agent.
Sitton remained one of the league's best guards in 2018, but the Bears evidently want to go younger. Sitton has also battled the injury bug in Chicago, missing three games each of the past two seasons. The ex-Packer turns 32 in June. He will not lack for interest on the open market. Since Sitton isn't being released, and is simply having an option declined, he isn't eligible to sign until the start of free agency.Related: Bears
Jaylen Watkins - DB - Free AgentNFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles will not tender restricted free agent DB Jaylen Watkins.
Restricted free agents of Watkins' caliber usually draw an original round tender, but the Eagles are in penny-pinching mode as they look to create some cap flexibility. A solid depth option who can play corner or safety, Watkins should find a new home.Related: Eagles

I think Sitton has enough left in the tank to warrant a look...definite upgrade over Easton...Watkins immediately upgrades S depth...4th round tender wouldn't have been that costly so it's an odd move on the Eagles part... 

And this is why people wanted urinal dividers... :p

Problem with Sitron is his age,  imo we need to be looking at guys that are mid 20s enteeing their prime,  not over 30 on the back side of it.  OL can play at a high level until mid 30s,  but they tend to start to breakdown before then and Sitton is already showing a tendency to miss games.

The iggles situation is interesting,  cap issues and still paying relative peanuts for their QB.

I'd love to see Sitton sign a 3 year deal in Minnesota: Easton-Efflein-Sitton would be super sweet the next 2+ years inside.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-viki...-115390541

I didn't get a by line...he'd be a cheaper alternative to Norwell...fills a need...leaves us to take the BPA at #30...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

The iggles situation is interesting,  cap issues and still paying relative peanuts for their QB.
unless you have tom brady that seems to be the best way to win the SB

Guard Josh Sitton should be a top free agent target for VikingsAs we approach the opening of free agency, there are likely to be some players who surprisingly end up on the market.
The first one to drop is Chicago Bears guard Josh Sitton, who will surprisingly have his $8 million contract option declined next season, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero.

It doesn’t appear Sitton is interested in returning to Chicago on a new deal.
“I am planning on playing and hitting free agency and continuing to play at a high level,” Sitton told Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. “I believe I have prime years left.”
The 31-year-old guard could be a good option for the Vikings as they aim to further improve their offensive line.
Last year, he ranked as Pro Football Focus’s fifth best guard. Throughout his career, the former Packer has been one of the league’s best at his position. 

Sitton would end up being a great fit here. 2 or 3 year deal makes guard still a need but gives you the chance to develop a player rather than pegging a rookie to start day one. For the price he'd be a better value than Pugh/Norwell for a contender. 

I like the fit. Plus, I think he's one of the more athletic guards, isn't he?

But riddle me this....Bears have $50M in cap space. Why let a a 4-time pro bowler get away? And this is the 2nd time in 3 years that Sitton has been jettisoned. There was some talk about him being a squeaky wheel in Green Bay. Just makes you wonder a little bit. 

My guess is they'll have to pay Long soon and 20+ million in starting guards is too much...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I like the fit. Plus, I think he's one of the more athletic guards, isn't he?

But riddle me this....Bears have $50M in cap space. Why let a a 4-time pro bowler get away? And this is the 2nd time in 3 years that Sitton has been jettisoned. There was some talk about him being a squeaky wheel in Green Bay. Just makes you wonder a little bit. 

MB, I remembered reading something similar...here it is...

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pack...s-47419393