Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the Cameras Didn't Show You - Our Last one for the Season
great stuff. thanks a lot. i appreciate the inside view.

Nicely done, Tom.  Thanks again for bringing us your "behind the scenes" perspectives.  Good read!

"Thanks, now let's win this fuckin' game..." OMG...classic Burns Big Grin  LOVE IT
I have loved Diggs since he was drafted. I don't care that he's a bit of a hot dog. And now, now that he's shown something very, very special to all of us, I hope people won't crack on him quite as much for being an emotional player. I love Adam and his play as well, and Adam was pretty damn fiery in this game. We as fans make our judgments about these guys when they're over emotional but can any one of us imagine how it feels to be in their place??? Adam was screaming and even stomping like a toddler in front of the refs on that sideline play where he was mugged by Lattimore. Xavier almost lost it when Sendejo was knocked out.  None of us want them to lose their cool but after a game like last night I sure can understand how it can happen and how it did happen.
I agree with you, Tom, Case's pocket movement has been the entire key to our team's success on offense this season. The O-line is much improved but they are still a work in progress and that was shown last night. Rashod Hill didn't have the best game of his life. Not sure if Remmers was a hot choice for LG, either. I even saw the Elf get pushed around a fair bit. But Case has great awareness, elite awareness. It saved many a play. Case got beat up in this game and thankfully he didn't get knocked out of it because no way would Sam have won it for us. I truly believe that.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
"Thanks, now let's win this fuckin' game..." OMG...classic Burns Big Grin  LOVE IT
I have loved Diggs since he was drafted. I don't care that he's a bit of a hot dog. And now, now that he's shown something very, very special to all of us, I hope people won't crack on him quite as much for being an emotional player. I love Adam and his play as well, and Adam was pretty damn fiery in this game. We as fans make our judgments about these guys when they're over emotional but can any one of us imagine how it feels to be in their place??? Adam was screaming and even stomping like a toddler in front of the refs on that sideline play where he was mugged by Lattimore. Xavier almost lost it when Sendejo was knocked out.  None of us want them to lose their cool but after a game like last night I sure can understand how it can happen and how it did happen.
I agree with you, Tom, Case's pocket movement has been the entire key to our team's success on offense this season. The O-line is much improved but they are still a work in progress and that was shown last night. Rashod Hill didn't have the best game of his life. Not sure if Remmers was a hot choice for LG, either. I even saw the Elf get pushed around a fair bit. But Case has great awareness, elite awareness. It saved many a play. Case got beat up in this game and thankfully he didn't get knocked out of it because no way would Sam have won it for us. I truly believe that.
On Stefon - he is one confident young man, but he really isn't a hot dog, just emotional.  As we found throughout this season, he is one of the nicest guys you will want to meet.  He is the guy who comes over and talks to us, and even hugs us sometimes.  What he doesn't like are some members of the press who treat him like an object.

If we had to rate the people who are the most genuine on the team, they are (in order)

* Adam Thielen
* Assistant DLine Coach Rob Rodriguez (comes over to talk at almost every game during pregame workouts)
* Brian Robison (we all know his dad)
* Jarius Wright
* Harrison Smith
* Stefon Diggs
* Xavier Rhodes
* Kyle Rudolph
* Pat ElFlein (we know his mom)
* Nick Easton (we know his mom too)
* Rodney Adams (practice squad)
* Eric Kendricks

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@prairieghost said:
On Stefon - he is one confident young man, but he really isn't a hot dog, just emotional.  As we found throughout this season, he is one of the nicest guys you will want to meet.  He is the guy who comes over and talks to us, and even hugs us sometimes.  What he doesn't like are some members of the press who treat him like an object.

If we had to rate the people who are the most genuine on the team, they are (in order)

* Adam Thielen
* Assistant DLine Coach Rob Rodriguez (comes over to talk at almost every game during pregame workouts)
* Brian Robison (we all know his dad)
* Jarius Wright
* Harrison Smith
* Stefon Diggs
* Xavier Rhodes
* Kyle Rudolph
* Pat ElFlein (we know his mom)
* Nick Easton (we know his mom too)
* Rodney Adams (practice squad)
* Eric Kendricks

I agree Tom. I don't think Stefon is a hot dog, either. I love the guy. I love his fire. I love his competitiveness. And, in these interviews and even on 96 Questions you can see Stefon is a good guy. He is an elite receiver in this league and last night he proved it. He and Adam are simply awesome as far as I'm concerned Big Grin

Thanks so much Tom and Mike. Love this feature. 

And to Diggs, he is certainly growing on me.  He is very emotional, still young yet.  But seems to be genuinely fun and real emotion, not just drama or hot headed.

Thank you Tom, these are one of my favorite things to read here.  This insight is spectacular.

thanks tom!

Thanks for you insight all season Tom! It’s good to hear all of this extra stuff. 

I see a common theme with all of these players you mention every week, they seem to be genuinely nice guys. Hearing Thielen giving interveiws to everyone. Xavier, Smith, Marcus, BRob, and all these guys all appear to be high character guys.

It’s nice to see that. It’s nice to see guys giving their time so you guys can do your job and give us fans a little extra.

Oh, and by the way, I hate Joe Buck a little less this morning. His call on that final play seemed very genuine and he seemed to be excited for the Vikings. Not all is forgiven, but it’s a start.  

Agree, Rip...I had to actually admit to myself this morning that Buck's call was pretty damn awesome.
You know, when these athletes all thank God for "giving them talent" or whatever else they thank Him for (also, actors and actresses do it at awards shows) I always think it sounds pretty phony. Diggs thanking God last night was NOT phony. He was very emotional about it. I loved that a ton.