Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charley, Charley, Charley...smh
C'mon the answer is obvious. Shurmur wants to try his 3 QB Wildcat formation. Big Grin

To quote the Tower of Power

Dont change horses in the middle of the stream

or.... Asleep at the Wheel

You gotta dance with who brung ya 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@purplefaithful said:
I still don't know if Bridgewater is #2 on Sunday or Sam is??
Sam is the #2 today. 
Wow...whiplash

Why? Bridgewater have a set-back? Contractual? Performance @ Practice? Other??

What does this mean for future at QB?
Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

What it means, if true, is that they trust Bradford more against the Saints. Why? Maybe it has something to do with the knees. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's actually played football this year. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's already scouted, prepared for and played the Saints once this year. Could be any number of things, but it doesn't mean anything about the future. 
I think the Vikings understand that Bradford has played against the Saints already this season and ripped them a new one at the beginning of the season. Although their defense has improved, its the same system. I don't think it has much to do with a setback, but more about knowing what you'd get vs. the unknown. 
That's just it. And it's not like the backup doesn't have a role. He has a huge role in helping the starter recognize coverages and tendencies. Having played the Saints many times in his career and having already played them once this season, Bradford is better suited for that than Bridgewater. There are a hundred different ways you can look at this. 

i dont understand all the uproar.  Bridgewater has not seen quality snaps in two years, and he’s relatively inexperienced.  Bradford is familiar with the offense and shredded the same team we’re playing earlier this year.  it doesn’t mean Teddy’s not healthy, or that he’s not our future qb.  It just means that Sam makes more sense for this post-season run.  Sam may not project out as our future qb due to his injury issues over the long-term.  unlike others, I see Keenum with a relatively short leash today if Bradford is good to go.  

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Wetlander said:
If I'm Teddy this is kind of a slap in the face if Bradford is made the #2 after a couple practices.  If the Vikings wanted Teddy back next season, why activate Bradford and make him the backup???  Seems to speak volumes about what the Vikings may be planning next season...  doesn't seem like Teddy is in their plans.  If not, they just potentially ruined a relationship with their QB of the future...  
The Vikings keep saying they haven't had the discussions yet, but from what I've heard they were shying on retaining Bridgewater. At this point they want to win, but I agree there may be long-term implications with the decision. 
Of course there is. Its naive to think otherwise, quite honestly. But I'm sure there will be some downplaying and disinformation from the organization saying it means nothing. We'll all find out this offseason one way or the other.

its this simple.  Zimmer is putting his best 46 players on the field. Its one game with no tomorrows