Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a side Question on QB rules
I am trying to recall what the rules were for substituting quarterbacks.

If #1 goes down you can insert #2 and put #1 back in when ready.
If you put in #3 then you arent allowed to go back to #1 or #2?

thought all that changed recently.

Good stuff Janitor, thanks

Quote: @greediron said:
thought all that changed recently.
i agree,  I thought when they added the extra players to the active game day number that they got rid of the 3rd QB rules in regards to them dressing but not playing and all that shit.

The rule did change.  Player limit was moved up one to 46 and the "third quarterback rule" was rescinded.

NFL drops third quarterback rule, 46 active players on game day""The owners and players have agreed to expand game day rosters from 45 to 46 active players. The No. 3 quarterback will no longer be an “emergency” inactive player.
In other words, a team can insert its third-string quarterback for a short period at any point in the game, then take him out and put the starter back in. Previously, the first and second quarterbacks couldn’t re-enter the game if the No. 3 quarterback played before the fourth quarter.""

see this is why I come here.   You guys know some scheet

so this then begs the question... do they carry 3 QBs on Sunday and will it be Teddy or Sloter?   If they opt for 2 I will be pretty nervous since neither Teddy nor Sam have earned trust in their knees IMO.  If they go with 3 and have Teddy and Sam I would be ok even though I wouldnt be overly confident in their knees,  but if our D hasnt salted the game away by the time we could lose 3QBs... well its probably best that we just get taken out this week as it would be pretty ugly the following week regardless.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
so this then begs the question... do they carry 3 QBs on Sunday and will it be Teddy or Sloter?   If they opt for 2 I will be pretty nervous since neither Teddy nor Sam have earned trust in their knees IMO.  If they go with 3 and have Teddy and Sam I would be ok even though I wouldnt be overly confident in their knees,  but if our D hasnt salted the game away by the time we could lose 3QBs... well its probably best that we just get taken out this week as it would be pretty ugly the following week regardless.
I think it would clearly be Teddy, as he was the primary backup over Sloter.  If we lose 3 QBs in this one game, then it's probably better that we don't make the SB, because US Bank stadium would probably get hit by a comet or plane that fell from the sky just to prevent us from winning.