Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is effectively the NFC Championship this weekend
whether it is New Orleans or Minnesota that wins this game it will decide the Superbowl representative for the NFC.  

I do believe the Vikings will win and will go to the Superbowl.  The Eagles or the Falcons will not defeat the Vikings or the Saints in the NFCCG.

I agree the two best remaining nfc teams are playing @ USB Sunday.

But hell, on any given Sunday or Saturday I think any of these 4 teams are capable of winning against one another. Gets down to who gets some breaks and just plays better on game day in a one and done format.

I like our chances, but I'm also not ready to write off either the Falcons who are battle tested or the Eagles who get home cooking the rest of the way. 

It is awesome to be part of the final 4 in the NFC isn't it?! 

I agree if Philadelphia loses to Atlanta, because if not, the road to the Superbowl goes thru Philly. Looks like it might be 50 degrees for their game Saturday.

I think Atlanta kills Philly and comes to Minnesota for a rematch of '98/99 NFCC. And, dammit, I'm going to go to that one, too. Maybe a little personal payback to what was a miserable experience the first time. Good God, could that have been 20 years ago?  

I'm just a little nervous about the Saints. No doubt in my mind we're the better team and we should win at home. But the Saints are pretty good too and if this ends up being "one of those games..." You know the kind. The kind of game where we kick field goals to their touchdowns, where the PI calls go against us and not for us...

Vikings defense is good, but it's not SCARY good until we get a nice lead and have figured out what the offense is doing. That's when the hell breaks loose. Vikings need to get up early. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Atlanta kills Philly and comes to Minnesota for a rematch of '98/99 NFCC. And, dammit, I'm going to go to that one, too. Maybe a little personal payback to what was a miserable experience the first time. Good God, could that have been 20 years ago?  

I'm just a little nervous about the Saints. No doubt in my mind we're the better team and we should win at home. But the Saints are pretty good too and if this ends up being "one of those games..." You know the kind. The kind of game where we kick field goals to their touchdowns, where the PI calls go against us and not for us...

Vikings defense is good, but it's not SCARY good until we get a nice lead and have figured out what the offense is doing. That's when the hell breaks loose. Vikings need to get up early. 
Yup, I still have visions of Greenway running down the sideline in OT in 09...

Brees and Karma (not the rb) give me the hardest pause going into this game. Is this really our year? Or not?  

I still contend this will be a heavyweight boxer type bout (like Saints vs Panthers) and we'll be pinned to our seats and tv's at the end of the 4th qtr.

Big - Boy - Pants - Time

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Brees and Karma (not the rb) give me the hardest pause going into this game. Is this really our year? Or not?  

I still contend this will be a heavyweight boxer type bout (like Saints vs Panthers) and we'll be pinned to our seats and tv's at the end of the 4th qtr.

Big - Boy - Pants - Time
God I hope not. My blood pressure, lungs and liver are lobbying hard for a blow out. So I don't remember the Greenway thing. Don't tell me. He picked off Brees, but it was called back due to a PI? If that's what happened I totally suppressed it. It's even possible I didn't even see that...

...that was the game I recorded and forgot to add the live extension. In between pacing, and drinking, and smoking, I never caught up to real time. A few minutes into overtime, the recording stopped and I was abruptly taken to real time...a shot of the Saints on the podium. Brutal. To make matters worse, I woke up to discover that I had drunk 8 Peronis. 8! Worst. Hangover. Ever. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

Big - Boy - Pants - Time

With Brees at QB I expect this to be right to the wire.  Just like playing against Rodgers and the Packers, you think you have the game in 3rd quarter and all of a sudden your in the fourth and your hanging on by one score.

Wow, just to update my earlier weather forecast for Philly on Saturday: 52 degrees and no precip. Pretty damn good for mid-January. 

@StickyBun said:
Quote:
Wow, just to update my earlier weather forecast for Philly on Saturday: 52 degrees and no precip. Pretty damn good for mid-January. 
I think Philly has No shot against Atlanta in good weather.  If the Vikings beat the Saints we will have home field into the Super Bowl.  WOW what a year!

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
whether it is New Orleans or Minnesota that wins this game it will decide the Superbowl representative for the NFC.  

I do believe the Vikings will win and will go to the Superbowl.  The Eagles or the Falcons will not defeat the Vikings or the Saints in the NFCCG.
i agree and we sure as hell need to play like it is.  philly is still a damn good team without wentz.  atlanta is only a year remived from dominance. i think saints are 2nd best team right now though