Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think QB Mitch Trubisky is going to be good
I like his demeanor and he apparently has a good command of the huddle. Thick kid with good athleticism. Excellent arm. I think Chicago finally hit on a winner with this guy. Doesn't get rattled. I also think the Bears were smart to hire Nagy as their HC, he's a good offensive mind. 

If they draft smart and build around Trubisky, I see them turning it around at some point in the not too distant future. Getting him playing time in 2017 in a non pressured situation bodes well for his future. When you play your home games outdoors, I think it helps to have a stronger armed QB. Need to drive that football. These kids from Ohio and Pennsylvania are a tough lot. They play in competitive high school games with plenty of talent and the QBs tend to be strong minded.

He has looked good, although not necessarily effective, almost from the start. You can tell he has talent and is not afraid of the responsibility that comes with that job. He had few weapons to throw to, so they need to fix that. But first things first for Chicago: they need to hire the right GM and coach.  

But it looks like they have their QB.

I'm not that impressed with the guy...  he actually reminds me a lot of Blake Bortles.  He's had some brutal passing games this season.  Sure, you can pin some of that on the talent he is working with...  but something just seems missing.

We'll see how he develops over the next couple seasons.  Everyone wanted to write off Jared Goff after his rookie year and he turned it around in his second season.  You can't really judge a QB until he's had at least 3-4 years in the league.  It is why I'm still bullish in seeing what Teddy can do.

For what the Bears gave up to get him, he better be...

I agree with Wet.  He might turn out to be good, but it will be a few years out.  He certainly didn't look much improved in that last game against the Vikes.  He did almost nothing.

Having said that, I also agree with Sticky, I like him very much as the Bears QB.  B)

The Bears are a bad team right now, but they still played hard. Their roster isn't talent-laden. The kid's got the right mental makeup to succeed given time, investment in the roster and good coaching. It won't happen overnight, but I like them to compete in the division in 2019. 

We'll see about Mitch. I hope he sucks. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I agree with Wet.  He might turn out to be good, but it will be a few years out.  He certainly didn't look much improved in that last game against the Vikes.  He did almost nothing.

Having said that, I also agree with Sticky, I like him very much as the Bears QB.  B)
Heheh, yep.  Only good QB in the division is a bad QB.  I don't like any of the rival QBs much. 

Matt Nagy, Mitchell Trubisky a Perfect Duo to Grow Together in ChicagoThe Chicago Bears want their Jared Goff experience. They want and need the quick turnaround of Mitchell Trubisky, their promising though still raw quarterback who they invested heavily in during the 2017 draft.
Now they've found a young head coach for their young quarterback by hiring Matt Nagy on Monday morning. Nagy, who spent the last two seasons as the Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator, will be tasked with guiding Trubisky down the Goff path and making sure the Bears didn't give away three picks (including a 2018 third-rounder) for nothing but a fizzle, then a flop.
Youth is a theme for the Bears core, with Trubisky set to enter his second season at the age of 24 and running back Jordan Howard—who has piled up 2,435 rushing yards over two seasons—having turned 23 in November...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27530...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
For what the Bears gave up to get him, he better be...

I agree.  I, too, like what I see with this young man and Fox was certainly not the best HC to start under.  But what they did to get this kid defies logic.  At least, for most NFL franchises.  But they better get this guy some weapons soon.