Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am wondering what the O line lineup will be for next week.
Anybody have any insights?

I think it'll be Reiff-Sirles-Elflein-Berger-Remmers. IMO, I think I'd like to see Hill at RT, but I don't think that will be happening. 

I'm not sure I was in love with Hill/Remmers on the right side. I could see the Vikings taking an OT high next year and grooming them for the right side and eventually moving Remmers in. 

I agree, Sticky.
Hill is getting better and better.  He has a great frame for LT, and has solid pass pro Left or Right.
Remmers does his job well on The Right at either position, but can be run around more easily.  He has great pop in the run game.
The priority on OL is Base Strength.  In this regard, Easton turned out to be kind of a secret weapon this year, rather than Boone's backup.

our team should have enough positions full going into the draft that OL should be able to see significant attention. 

The Vikings are planning on rolling with Reiff - Berger - Elflein - Remmers - Hill. They liked that right side of the O-line last weekend. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
The Vikings are planning on rolling with Reiff - Berger - Elflein - Remmers - Hill. They liked that right side of the O-line last weekend. 
Interesting. I think that's the best lineup now with Easton out....I'm just surprised they are actually doing it. Hill just looks like a NFL OT. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
After seeing Remmers at guard last week, I have to say I'm really liking this lineup. I'd even say this line is potentially better than the Reiff-Easton-Elf-Berger-Remmers line. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
After seeing Remmers at guard last week, I have to say I'm really liking this lineup. I'd even say this line is potentially better than the Reiff-Easton-Elf-Berger-Remmers line. 
Pushing Remmers inside to RG was the long-term plan when they signed him. Use him at OT until they could find a long-term solution there, them bump him in a spot. Given his contract he could play either without feeling like you're over extending for a position. 

Going into the draft and next year look at the line as Reiff - Easton - Elf - Remmers - Hill. They'll likely draft another OT high, but you really don't NEED to find another day 1 starter even with Berger retiring. 

Thanks for the info guys.  I still barely know these guys names!

Your confidence will spread.  Im feeling it already.