Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the press and fans are burying Philly too soon...
That is still a very good overall team and my gut says the road to the SB will go through Philadelphia...

I agree...All Foles has to do is have a good game.

Agreed. I said the other day not to put the dirt on their coffins yet. But New Orleans will be a TALL order for them. 

Could not agree more. This is EXACTLY how us Vikings fans wake up Monday after playing Philly feeling depressed.

Disagree.  NO, Atlanta and Carolina are all better than them.

Complimentary football allowed the Eagles' above-average D to play with a lead.  But now that their O can't score, the D gets exposed.

Their D did a good job of allowing the Cowboys just 6 points at home.  But their O couldn't score ANY Points?  Against the Cowboys' D?!?  At HOME??!!

It's sad, really.  They would have been the favorite this year with a healthy Carson Wentz.  

All that said, I'll be pulling for the Eagles to win their Divisional game.  I'd rather play the Eagles there than NO, Atlanta or Carolina -- even at home.

Quote: @KingBash said:
Could not agree more. This is EXACTLY how us Vikings fans wake up Monday after playing Philly feeling depressed.
To be clear, I am NOT SAYING the Vikings are going to lose to Philly. I am saying we are probably going to have to play there to play in a SB. 

Could be, I didn't realize Foles didn't play in that last game they lost to Dallas.  That makes a big difference.  While I hope they lose to whoever they play in round one, I still think the Vikes can beat them in Philly.

I think the Saints would have the hardest time beating them there. The Falcons or Carolina would have a better chance. The Saints offense is predicated on timing and precision... things that go out the door in the cold weather. The Saints run game is strong, but it isn't a smash-mouth style that would play well in bad weather. The best thing for Philly would be the Rams beating the Falcons and the Saints beating the Panthers.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Could be, I didn't realize Foles didn't play in that last game they lost to Dallas.  That makes a big difference.  While I hope they lose to whoever they play in round one, I still think the Vikes can beat them in Philly.
Foles did play (the first quarter at least) and sucked big time, going 4-11, 39 yards, 1 INT.

And he sucked big-time the week before against the Raiders.  I watched most of that game and it looked like both teams were trying their very best to lose.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@KingBash said:
To be clear, I am NOT SAYING the Vikings are going to lose to Philly. I am saying we are probably going to have to play there to play in a SB. 
Probably is too strong a word. I really can't see them beating New Orleans. But the media has them now without Wentz like hot dog shit. That defense is still very good. 

I do think the road to Minneapolis goes thru Minneapolis.