Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrating...but still a really good year
Just a few thoughts:

- Not surprised they lost today...just disappointed in the way they lost. Didn't even show up after the first drive of the game. Might as well have lost last week because the Saints would have at least shown up today. Still a really good season for the Vikings making the final 4 despite having to overcome some key losses.

- Zero idea what happened to our defense today. Eagles did whatever they wanted...whenever they wanted. So many uncharacteristic mistakes for a well coached group with all pro talent at every level. They didn't show up at all today in any facet. Going to be very interested to hearZim's thoughts on his defenses performance. Biggest reason we lost today was this group.

- Rashod Hill not the answer at tackle. The Saints got back into the game last week when Cameron Jordan started abusing him and it continued over this week. This game turned when Chris Long got around him and hit Keenum on the INT. The Vikings are going to need new starters at RG and RT next season. I think Remmers stays inside at guard.

- Keenum had a really good season for us and I'm assuming the team retains him. It's going to be interesting to see how they address the QB position this offseason.

- It takes a ton of luck for teams to get in the position the Vikings were in today. So much shit happens during an NFL season that opportunities like today should never be taken for granted. With that said, the Vikings are in a good position to contend again next season. Not a lot of holes on the roster and we are in good position cap wise. Hopefully Dalvin Cook comes back healthy and ready to give the offense a huge boost. Basically, even with the ass kicking today....we have a lot of reason to be optimistic about the future.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

- It takes a ton of luck for teams to get in the position the Vikings were in today.

That's why you can't blow these opportunities, but we always do.

I agree it was a good year but do to our roster positioning, I'm having a hard time putting faith in the team going forward. I think we'll be good but I hope next year we can get over the hump. Dalvin will help a lot but like you said, we need to reload the OL. The D... I have no idea what just happened so I'm not sure. I saw this being a tight game that we could easily lose. I did not see us getting smoked. It hurts.

Dilley, Dilley...

Good post SUpa, I agree with most of what you posted. 14/4 is a hell of a season. I gotta process through this game the next few weeks unfortunately. 

I don't think many thought we would win14 games losing our QB/ RB.
We have a good young core. A good draft and a little luck we will be back.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@supafreak84 said:

- It takes a ton of luck for teams to get in the position the Vikings were in today.

That's why you can't blow these opportunities, but we always do.

I agree it was a good year but do to our roster positioning, I'm having a hard time putting faith in the team going forward. I think we'll be good but I hope next year we can get over the hump. Dalvin will help a lot but like you said, we need to reload the OL. The D... I have no idea what just happened so I'm not sure. I saw this being a tight game that we could easily lose. I did not see us getting smoked. It hurts.

IMO a lot is going to depend on Keenum and trying to keep the same system in place on offense. We cant bring in a completely new coach to replace Shurmur and a new system after the success we experience this season even while losing our starting QB and RB. What happened to the defense today was an abnormality, I'm not real concerned about that side of the ball going forward. Sustaining offensive consistency is going to be key to our success next season.