Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Divisional Playoff Game Time Announced!!
Quote: @matt4787 said:
I wanted Sunday because I have to travel to the game.
you mean you GET TO TRAVEL to the game Wink

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@matt4787 said:

Nope. I gotta. I’m 5-0 at US bank and have attended 6 consecutive wins. It’s my duty.

@purplefaithful said:
@matt4787 said:

Nope. I gotta. I’m 5-0 at US bank and have attended 6 consecutive wins. It’s my duty.
Atta boy, take one for the team...1st playoff game at USB, going to be crazy. 

I know this is another horse-before-the-cart thing, but...

They were saying on KFAN before the game Sunday that "the Vikings have received permission to keep their home locker room if they make the Super Bowl despite the NFC being the visiting team/conference this year."  I haven't looked into that any further to see if that's accurate, but my question also has to do with playing the game in their home stadium... 

Will the Vikings be able to do their typical introduction routine with all the fire, props, lights, etc.?  Don't they normally try to keep team introductions fairly 'even' and rather generic?  I suppose since a team has never played the game in their own stadium before a lot more questions will arise if it does happen...

Looking ahead and dreaming a bit....I'd also heard that the Vikings would be able to keep their home locker room if a SB becomes a reality. It was on another show where they called to check with league officials. They came back with a confirmation.
I can't imagine they'd be able to do the typical intro routine, though. The NFL takes over everything for the Super Bowl and they have their own program. I do wonder if our public address announcer, Alan Roach, is also announcing Super Bowl 52. He did the last one.
(Okay, I'm done daydreaming now)

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
I know this is another horse-before-the-cart thing, but...

They were saying on KFAN before the game Sunday that "the Vikings have received permission to keep their home locker room if they make the Super Bowl despite the NFC being the visiting team/conference this year."  I haven't looked into that any further to see if that's accurate, but my question also has to do with playing the game in their home stadium... 

Will the Vikings be able to do their typical introduction routine with all the fire, props, lights, etc.?  Don't they normally try to keep team introductions fairly 'even' and rather generic?  I suppose since a team has never played the game in their own stadium before a lot more questions will arise if it does happen...
They will not be allowed to have control of any of the AV/pyrotechnic systems int he stadium during the Super Bowl, so it will be a little more generic than their normal routine.

@purplefaithful said:
@matt4787 said:

Wow. Maybe we all need to pick-up your tickets the next 3 games!

Or maybe even a season pass.  Smile

Quote: @Purplemachine said:
@matt4787 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@matt4787 said:

Not so fast... the Vikings have only lost 4 games at US Bank stadium.  

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@Purplemachine said:
@matt4787 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@matt4787 said:

Not so fast... the Vikings have only lost 4 games at US Bank stadium.  
My brother has been to 2 of those losses. He won’t be coming to the game. Ill be at NFC champ game is they have a home game too. woot woot.

Thank God the Vikings got an indoor stadium. Detroit and Minnesota were smart, Green Bay and Chicago are idiots. Nothing more overrated and romanticized by a few goofballs than outdoor football in January. Its ridiculous. Players slipping and fumbling when they normally wouldn't. Absolutely freezing your ass off in the stands, miserable as shit. So stupid.