Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Saw vs Chicago
Tom, I love your stuff!

It is always the even keeled outlook. Nothing sugar coated, but realistic. When you think a certain aspect looked bad and start to worry a bit, you give us the reasons why something was how it was.

Thanks for your insight and keeping our emotions in check. I thought today woukd go kind of how it did, but there are things that creep in as a Vikings fan and start to make you wonder about our team.

Happy New Year!

It's been amazing to watch the individual and team growth this year. This team is special. It's like Case said, they not only love and respect each other, they like each other and fight for each other. If one part of the team is not performing to the highest level, another part helps out. They lift each other up. So many great points in your post Tom.

Didn't we also see BRob tie Kevin Williams for fifth all time career viking sack leader?

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Didn't we also see BRob tie Kevin Williams for fifth all time career viking sack leader?
Yes we did. Surprised they didn't mention it on the broadcast, that's a big deal...

The thing I saw that concerned me somewhat were the batted passes. I think Keenum can expect D-lineman to have their arms up much more in the playoff games. 

Sidenote: I agree on the Bears, I think they're starting to have a good nucleus of players. I like Trubinsky. They battle. If they keep that mentality and start to raise the talent level, they could be a team that moves up while the Lions move down in the division in the future.

It's playoff time baby, heat in the kitchen is going to double. Everything will be faster, going to be crazy and I would not want to have to come to USB and play The Vikings. 

Give everyone a couple weeks off, get the OL back together and let em play. Hope this is our year. 

Quote:
Sidenote: I agree on the Bears, I think they're starting to have a good nucleus of players. I like Trubinsky. They battle. If they keep that mentality and start to raise the talent level, they could be a team that moves up while the Lions move down in the division in the future.
Agree but depends who the Bears hire. Hopefully not Shurmur, but...

And the Lions refuse to get off the coach merry-go-round and give Caldwell time to improve. They're going to chase a Patrios assistant, right? Have any of those been any more successful than Josh McDaniels??

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Agree but depends who the Bears hire. Hopefully not Shurmur, but...

And the Lions refuse to get off the coach merry-go-round and give Caldwell time to improve. They're going to chase a Patrios assistant, right? Have any of those been any more successful than Josh McDaniels??
The Vikings have a rich history of losing coaches to NFC rivals....none have been successful.  The one that got away was Mike Tomlin (we kept Childress).   Shurmur is a good OC, but Cleveland had talent when he was there, and won just 9 games in 2 years.   Shurmur is the perfect fit here for Case and Sam, but who is to say, someone isn't as good or better?

The offense missed it's MVP in the middle.  Elflein is the obvious MVP, glad he gets to rest while the rest of the team played a tough meaningful game.

Now we get to see (with a beat up Eagles team) the other NFC teams beat the crap out of each other for a chance to come to the house of Pain.