Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Rosen Says He'd Rather Be Lower Pick on 'Right Team' Than Higher Pick
Quote: @StickyBun said:
IMO, Rosen is the best QB in this Draft. 

Honestly, that's not saying much...it's still a good QB class in sheer numbers of guys that will probably go Day 1, but it's no where near the level I thought of last year...like 1983 part Deaux...these guys all have major warts...I like Mayfield the best and he's too small, but so are others (Brees, Wilson, Case), and he's got some off field concerns...but, like last year these guys will get overdrafted because of the position...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:

Honestly, that's not saying much...it's still a good QB class in sheer numbers of guys that will probably go Day 1, but it's no where near the level I thought of last year...like 1983 part Deaux...these guys all have major warts...I like Mayfield the best and he's too small, but so are others (Brees, Wilson, Case), and he's got some off field concerns...but, like last year these guys will get overdrafted because of the position...
I actually think most draftniks are pretty high on Rosen. Good size at 6'4", 220 lbs. Nice arm, pro style offense. But to your point, its not like an Andrew Luck situation where everyone is 100% on board. He has a few detractors, for sure. Mayfield has even more detractors. It will be interesting.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:

I actually think most draftniks are pretty high on Rosen. Good size at 6'4", 220 lbs. Nice arm, pro style offense. But to your point, its not like an Andrew Luck situation where everyone is 100% on board. He has a few detractors, for sure. Mayfield has even more detractors. It will be interesting.

That could be...I'm not...banged up...some really mediocre games...now he's basically pulling an Eli...there are others who have fallen further off the radar, like Allen...Darnold is a human turnover...it's just not the class I thought it would be...

screw drafting QBs. weve done a damn fine job at pulling them off the scrap heep.  keep doinig it

I almost always regret posting about the draft before I get a chance to really look them over, but my gut right now tells me that Darnold is getting too much criticism for turnovers that weren't always his fault and will rise back to the top when the microscopes come out.

Rosen is a classic example of a physical and mechanical prototype with some real douchebaggery in his off-field profile. Recently read where NFL execs have called him a "mess" off the field. There are rumors that he's not well-liked by his coaching staff and teammates, has some silver-spoon Johnny Football in him. I wouldn't touch anyone like that. Not at QB anyway. Is this all exaggerated? Are the rumors true? When it comes to the draft, the rule I always go by: what you hear in the winter is true. What you hear in the spring is smoke (or agent-driven). What you hear the day before the draft tends to be true again.

Intrigued by Mayfield, Allen and Falk. Jackson is a real wild card. Anyway, I agree with Barr. This is not the QB class it looked like a year ago...but isn't that always the case?  

You know, if Jackson is there at #64...

I would like Lamar Jackson if he got to us at 64. I like what he brings on the field.

What are the controversies about Rosen?  When I google it is a comment about how playing football and being a full time student are like having two jobs and now this comment about being drafted by a team that is a better fit?

I find both comments refreshingly honest.

But I read where Rosen is full of controversy and disliked???  Does someone have information/incidents I am missing?

If not, I hope he keeps making honest statements that pull him down to the 32nd pick, HA!

Quote: @minny65 said:
What are the controversies about Rosen?  When I google it is a comment about how playing football and being a full time student are like having two jobs and now this comment about being drafted by a team that is a better fit?

But I read where Rosen is full of controversy and disliked???  Does someone have information/incidents I am missing?

If not, I hope he keeps making honest statements that pull him down to the 32nd pick, HA!

Me too. He will NOT make it out of the top 10 or even 5 IMO, but I would love for him to go get a DUI or get caught with some weed quick and drop to us in the first round lol

Quote: @minny65 said:

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-sco...the-field/

https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/768560075757805572

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingre...jrosen.php

https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/08/17/ucl...coachable/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-next-wave