Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRob 1 sack away from Top 5 in team history
Oh he plans on continuing the work with the foundation. It has now become a family affair and Brian and Jayme do most of the work. He donated over 103k last year. Recently a State Trooperbwas killed down here. 3 of Brian's donated dogs caught the suspect. I was very
Proud of that. There is going to be an article or 2 in the Houston PD magazine about him and his foundation .

For some perspective

1) John Randle                    114 sacks, HOF, 6 time All-pro, 6 Pro bowls (as a Viking*)
2) Chris Doleman                 96.5 sacks, HOF, 2 time all-pro, 6 pro bowls (as a Viking)
3) Jared Allen                       85.5 sacks, Not yet eligible for HOF, 3 time all-pro (as a Viking), 4 pro bowls (as a Viking)
4) Everson Griffen                61.0 sacks, Not yet eligible for HOF, 0 time all-pro, 3 pro bowls
5) Kevin Williams                 60.0 sacks, Not yet eligible for HOF, 5 time all-pro, 6 pro bowls
6) Brian Robison                  59.0 sacks, Not yet eligible for HOF, 0 time all-pro, 0 pro bowls

I guess we had better PR in the past, though I expect Griff to get his first all-pro this year.

*indicates player also received this honor while playing for another team.

Quote: @96POPS said:
Thanks Sticky. Yeah i can remember those first few years on PT. You're right it wasn't easy at times. In fact, it down right pissed me off at times. But i knew when i revealed myselfl there, it wouldn't be easy. Funny thing is Brian actually posted and revealed himself first, there on PT. I remember how funny it was at the time as many of the members immediately wanted the moderators to verify it was Brian and not some poser. Yep, it was down right brutal for me at times but i realized that not everyone was going tonlove my son. It got better at times but for the most part i learned that i had to have that thick skin (extremely thick) and not take it personal. I also knew that when he screwed up or played badly i had to be impartial and recognize it and take my lumps. Brian did too. Yet he was always honest with himself and the fans. That's why I am so grateful for the Longship. 
I am also grateful that Brian never wavered and for the most part made many of those there on PT eat crow by lasting as long as he has and using the criticism to fuel his burning desire to prove that he belonged. 
Sticky, we leave for Minnesota today for Christmas with our son and yes i will be there for the Chicago game. I wouldn't mind seeing him already having passed KWill and just add some icing on the cake then.
Add the little fact that we got to know a great guy from Texas here on our fan boards

[Image: ss3e0nk2mk4j.jpeg]
Here’s to following BRob to the promised land.. Go Vikings!