Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRob 1 sack away from Top 5 in team history
Quote: @minny65 said:
Do you think BRob can come back for one more season in his current role?  He has been productive in the rotation.
I don't see why not...  he still looks like the same player as he was last season.  I hope he gets another year, he's one of my favorite players.

BOOM

Would love him here learning under Patterson when his playing career is over. He's a wily vet and while you can't teach these kids experiences per say, he's as damn close as you can get. He's a Zimmer type guy with a lunch pail mentality, get your work done during the week. That's exactly what I'd like in the coaching staff. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
Do you think BRob can come back for one more season in his current role?  He has been productive in the rotation.
I thought he signed for 2 years when he renegotiated last year.

BRob is the epitome of what you want on your team. He is such a team player and a good guy. Hope he gets that sack and sticks around with the team. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
i agree with Bullizin.  BRob is special to the Vikes—played his whole career here, with dignity, good humor, and guts, and a lot of talent.  Put him up there in the ring!
BRob was an awesome draft pick.  The guy is a fantastic athlete and as a player he's nothing but brains, brawn, and continuous effort.  What more would you want?

Hope he breaks KW's record, and I'd love to see him in "The Ring" one day - great Viking!

Oh yeah, I love fishing too.  B)

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:
I thought he signed for 2 years when he renegotiated last year.
Yep your right - nice!  He is signed through next year at 3.5 million

Not sure what the author was talking about then.  I fully expect him back unless he rides off into the sunset with game clinching sack on Brady.

I wasn’t always a big fan of Brob. I wasn’t sure early on if he was capable of playing every down. He proved he could, and me wrong.
Now, in a more limited role, he continues to do well, and has stepped in and played full time again when called upon.
His play has made him a candidate for the ring of honor, and I think his off field charity events has made him a must. I think sometimes that kind of stuff needs to be weighed when deciding who gets that honor.
It isn’t just about football sometimes.

Reading some of the comments in this thread almost brings tears to my eyes, literally!!
All Brian has ever wanted to accomplish was to bring you guys a SB to Minnesota. Yeah and he wanted to do something he loved for a career. He could have half assed it and done track and field while playing football, to accomplish another longtime dream of gold medals, but it was both too much to try and accomplish. He chose to focus everything on football and being the best player he could be and grab a dream and get one for you guys too. He's said it many times in interviews, the people of Minnesota DESERVE a SB Championship. They are diehard fans who support their team.  Brian also wanted to be that role model to the young ones. Showing them that you can be a beast on the field and a community leader off the field. By reading these comments i think he's accomplished all he's ever wanted to.......except 1 thing and i don't think he is willing to leave Minny without it happening. That's part of the reason he has always been happy to play whatever role he is told to play. Yeah, for me, i think he could have accomplished a lot more for himself during his career, become the perennial Pro Bowl player that every kid dreams of but he chose to do whatever was asked of him to better the team. Unselfish, team player that cares what people think of him. Sounds cheesy doesn't it, or is it me telling you something that you want to hear and what would make you like my son.
As cheesy as it sounds it's all true, i have no reason to sling BS your way, i heard someone the other day say, " Minnesota fans are smarter than most other fans of the game, you can't fool them." So i wouldn't attempt to fool you guys.
All that said, as a father, I'm hoping that he gets 2 or 3 more sacks and passes KWill. Maybe he can even accomplish enough to be in the ROH. A dream for me and him. Sadly i don't know if he has. 1st, he is the only player in the top 10 in sacks for the Vikes, that has never made a pro bowl. 2nd he has to do it in the next 2 weeks, when he's only had 3 for the year and 3rd, well lets just say I'm hoping they allow him to return for the final year of his contract at which time he will probably retire. Personally, I'm not positively sure that upper management wants him back.
I want to thank all of you for the nice and flattering comments you'v made. If nothing at all he's accomplished a few important goals and he's made his whole family very proud. I know at some point his career has to end, but the selfish part of me would want him to play until he's 45 but that's not realistic. It's just that football and his career have been such a huge part of my life, i have and will always love this game.
Hopefully when he does finally hang up his cleats it'll just mean that we'll get to spend more time with him and his family. It's true what the players say about retirement, Brian has said it to me. It's not the spotlight and attention you'll miss. It's that commoradery in the locker room and the relationships you've built with the fans and your teammates, some of which, will be there the rest of your life.
From a dad of a player i just want to tell you fans that you have really meant a lot to me and my son. You accepted him for who he was and learned how he ticks, you've seen what he is truly made of and because of this he's made me proud of the man he's become.
So if this is his last year (no, i have no idea when that will be) I'll just cherish the ride and tell you guys that to him and me you've all made it a great ride.
Thank you.

What a great career, and here he is sneaking up again to surprise everyone
Maybe all that retirement talk is premature
He led the team in tackles last week too !

[Image: bpa63n6w3hy3.jpeg]
Is that an amazing box score ?or what ?

Thanks for everything B Rob !!