Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Just In-Pat Shurmur Is A Good OC
While I do think our scheme is excellent, I’m more impressed
by the things that are less tangible.  For
a long time now, I’ve had faith in Zimmer to develop guys such that the backups
who come in play at a high level, and the team keeps trucking.  I couldn’t say that about our offense.  I can say that now.  Our starters are playing at a high level,
playing fundamentally sound, disciplined football.  Our backups come in and play fundamentally
sound disciplined football without much drop off in our production.  During the Turner era, there was way too many
blocking problems, like guys didn’t know what they were supposed to be doing,
and two guys would block no one while 2 defenders would rush the QB
unblocked.  That is not disciplined football,
and I don’t see that anymore.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I wish the press would shut-up about Shurmur...He's our little secret here in Minny (I wish). 

I'm afraid the cat is outta the bag on this one. Unfortunate. His creativity has been unbelievable. It's to the point where if we get into the red zone, I am expecting a touchdown but I have no idea how it's going to happen. Just expecting a pleasant surprise.  I'm waiting for a Treadwell TD or maybe Bell or even Reiff. Who knows with Shurmur?

Quote: @dadevike said:
@purplefaithful said:
I wish the press would shut-up about Shurmur...He's our little secret here in Minny (I wish). 

I'm afraid the cat is outta the bag on this one. Unfortunate. His creativity has been unbelievable. It's to the point where if we get into the red zone, I am expecting a touchdown but I have no idea how it's going to happen. Just expecting a pleasant surprise.  I'm waiting for a Treadwell TD or maybe Bell or even Reiff. Who knows with Shurmur?

Oh man, Treadwell NEEDS a TD. I think it would do wonders for his confidence. That kid needs a TD about as bad as Rodgers needs a new clavicle. 

Maybe - I Hope - he is happy being the OC and does not want to be a HC again. He got his taste, it was sour. And we all know that not all great Coordinators are good at being a Head Coach. The league is littered with guys who were amazing OC's and DC's who are now ex HC's  - who failed miserably. A mans got to know his limitations, and perhaps, not saying that is 100% the case here, but maybe he is very happy doing what he is doing. A HUGE amount of stress and crap comes from being a HC  - he may not want that in his life - he knows what thats like.

Quote: @medaille said:
While I do think our scheme is excellent, I’m more impressed
by the things that are less tangible.  For
a long time now, I’ve had faith in Zimmer to develop guys such that the backups
who come in play at a high level, and the team keeps trucking.  I couldn’t say that about our offense.  I can say that now.  Our starters are playing at a high level,
playing fundamentally sound, disciplined football.  Our backups come in and play fundamentally
sound disciplined football without much drop off in our production.  During the Turner era, there was way too many
blocking problems, like guys didn’t know what they were supposed to be doing,
and two guys would block no one while 2 defenders would rush the QB
unblocked.  That is not disciplined football,
and I don’t see that anymore.
Good points.  As this article talks about, keeping it simple and doing what you do, do it well.  I think Shurmur is a perfect fit with our talent as well.  Thielen and Diggs are very detailed in their routes. Our offensive line is a very solid unit.

I guess my only hope is that we make it to the superbowl and Shurmur misses out on the hiring phase.

Money talks.  If the Wilfs value him they can pay him enough to keep him happy.  It will be interesting to see how they handle it.
I cant imagine what more they could want from the guy.

Hopefully the Vikings take care of this with a title and $$$$...

Several years back, wasn't it Tampa that paid their DC like a head coach to keep him?  Seems to me that would make sense. He has job security, since Minnesota loves Zimmer. And, he could wait until a good choice comes up. Not just the first opportunity. At least, that's what I am hoping for...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...andidates/

Edwards and Shurmur both on the list.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Hopefully the Vikings take care of this with a title and $$$$...
THIS...

I've been preaching from the same hymnal Barr...If he isn't dead-set on HC again, give him an Asst Head Coach title and pay him a s hit ton of $$$

Team is set to win for a while with a young core, excellent stadium and the facilities will be top notch aiding in FA recruiting.

This is a very nice place to be if you like the Midwest.