Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Minnesota beats Green Bay Saturday, they are a 99%....
Lock for the #2 seed regardless of what Carolina does. 

I think you mean when!  B) 

Good to know...Hope Zimm puts it on the locker room chalk board. We should win Saturday night, but its a divisional game and crazy s hit can happen. 

Back in 88 or 89 GB had 4 wins. 2 of em against The NFC Central Division Champion Vikings. Swept.

And those losses made the Vikings go back to SF in the playoffs where we got smoked (instead of hosting them here) the year after the Anthony Carter game at Candlestick.

Or think back to that December game in 09. The one when the 12 win Brett Favre led Vikings lost to the frigging sorry asz Bears.

Win that game? We host Brees and The Saints for the NFC CG.  

This is an important game. History reminds us not to f uck it up. Hopefully this is the year to kill demons past. 

The interesting part is who the Eagles and Vikings would play after their byes if that happens. Vikings would play the highest seeded remaining winner and the Eagles the lowest. It could be anyone as the teams seeded #3 through #6 are very evenly matched.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Good to know...Hope Zimm puts it on the locker room chalk board. We should win Saturday night, but its a divisional game and crazy s hit can happen. 

Back in 88 or 89 GB had 4 wins. 2 of em against The NFC Central Division Champion Vikings. Swept.

And those losses made the Vikings go back to SF in the playoffs where we got smoked (instead of hosting them here) the year after the Anthony Carter game at Candlestick.

Or think back to that December game in 09. The one when the 12 win Brett Favre led Vikings lost to the frigging sorry asz Bears.

Win that game? We host Brees and The Saints for the NFC CG.  

This is an important game. History reminds us not to f uck it up. Hopefully this is the year to kill demons past. 
Coaching?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The interesting part is who the Eagles and Vikings would play after their byes if that happens. Vikings would play the highest seeded remaining winner and the Eagles the lowest. It could be anyone as the teams seeded #3 through #6 are very evenly matched.
I think most nfl fans would rate the NFC today as 

Eagles
Vikings
Then who's #3? Thats where it gets grey imo; Saints or Carolina? Maybe even Falcons, but they should have been beat by The Bucs Monday night. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
And whats the logic of the #2 seed playing the highest seed left and #1 playing the lowest??

I keep messing with the playoff machine and it actually seems like Detroit has a very good shot at stealing the #6.  If you auto set it by win % they do.  It really feels more likely that they beat both the Bengals and Packers than Atlanta winning in NO or against Carolina.  Maybe I think less of Atlanta than I should...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
And whats the logic of the #2 seed playing the highest seed left and #1 playing the lowest??
Its the reward for being the best team in the conference. I like it. 

Regardless of what happens down the stretch the most likely #3 seed in the NFC is the Rams. Its going to be awfully tough for a team to head into LA and beat them. So if MN can lock up the #2 seed there is likely rematch in the divisional round. That leaves the Eagles more likely than not playing at home against the Saints, Panthers, Falcons. I think they'll have a hard time beating any of those teams to be completely honest.