Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Just In-Pat Shurmur Is A Good OC

This is very bittersweet to me because I truly feel he's gone after this year....he's going to get another HC opportunity. Shurmur is excellent, no doubt, but the resurgence of the 0-Line cant be underestimated. Its made his job much easier.

I've heard that Kevin Stefanski would probably replace him as OC on the staff if that happens and that Stefanski is highly capable and well thought of. He's 35 years old and considered one of these young prodigy offensive types and has been with the Vikings a long time, working his way up. I'm sure he'd keep the terminology close to the same and it would be big from a continuity standpoint.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is very bittersweet to me because I truly feel he's gone after this year....he's going to get another HC opportunity. Shurmur is excellent, no doubt, but the resurgence of the 0-Line cant be underestimated. Its made his job much easier.

I've heard that Kevin Stefanski would probably replace him as OC on the staff if that happens and that Stefanski is highly capable and well thought of. He's 35 years old and considered one of these young prodigy offensive types and has been with the Vikings a long time, working his way up. I'm sure he'd keep the terminology close to the same and it would be big from a continuity standpoint.

Was just going to mention Stefanski as a potential replacement...I'm still hoping Shurmur is happy at OC after a couple bad HC stints in his past...Sparano might be another option...but Stefanski would be my #1 choice..

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:

Was just going to mention Stefanski as a potential replacement...I'm still hoping Shurmur is happy at OC after a couple bad HC stints in his past...Sparano might be another option...but Stefanski would be my #1 choice..
Interesting part of the article was Sloter's comments: the kid is dialed in and absorbing. He's present. Would love to see him be a part of the Viking's future at QB with some strong play in preseason next year. He's in an ascending organization. Not sure if that happens, but he's physically just what you'd want with a great arm and mobility. Maybe 2019 he'll have the juice to be a #2 with upside for something more.

Sloter did what you'd hope for in the preseason: beat up on a bunch of guys who are now probably on someone's PS or driving for Bite Squad...so much depends on what happens with Case and Teddy...and if Mayfield is sitting there at #32, he'd be hard to bypass...

Sloter did what you'd hope for in the preseason: beat up on a bunch of guys who are now probably on someone's PS or driving for Bite Squad...so much depends on what happens with Case and Teddy...and if Mayfield is sitting there at #32, he'd be hard to bypass...
Not sure what Minnesota will do in the draft, but I think if they don't take a QB in the first 4-5 rounds, they like Sloter and his potential.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Not sure what Minnesota will do in the draft, but I think if they don't take a QB in the first 4-5 rounds, they like Sloter and his potential.

I think completing the OL rebuild will be a priority...and there will be several good candidates at #32...might be a top notch S or CB there as well...QB talent could be hard to bypass...3T is as close as we have to a need and there's no one I like this late...

@StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

I think completing the OL rebuild will be a priority...and there will be several good candidates at #32...might be a top notch S or CB there as well...QB talent could be hard to bypass...3T is as close as we have to a need and there's no one I like this late...
And as dominant as our defense is, can you imagine how devastating they'd be had, say, Floyd recovered??? He would have been a big contributor there is no doubt about that. It is truly a sad thing that Teddy and Shariff both went down, sad that Sam went down, devastating that Dalvin went down. All 4 of these players would have done amazing things on this team, which only goes to show how balanced and awesome we have become.  Case has done an amazing job and more and more I love the guy. He scares me sometimes, but I do love him Smile Regardless though I always have wistful feelings where those 4 players are concerned. 

I wish the press would shut-up about Shurmur...He's our little secret here in Minny (I wish). 

Yup..Floyd would occasionally flash a move I used to call RAMPAGE...he's got a vicious arm over/swim and first step we hadn't seen since Milliard...IIRC, he was the youngest guy in his draft class...TJ has done well enough vs the run, but Floyd was better...him next to Linval in this D is next level stuff...imagine if that nerve starts to fire again and we can put him on the field...Hunter and Griffen would both be in the 15-18 sack range...