Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com loves themselves some Vikings
[Image: MIN.png]11-3 VIKINGS
OK, so it's not a cute story anymore. No more Case Keenum sure is doing a nice job for the Vikings... they're a pesky team ... If Carson Wentz was a certifiable MVP candidate, then Keenum is, too, regardless of his (lack of) draft pedigree, whether or not he was only supposed to be a backup and his status as the fourth-most-famous starting quarterback in the NFC North. Against the Bengals on Sunday, all that the former Houston Cougar, Houston Texan and Los Angeles Ram did was go 20 of 23 for 236 yards, two touchdowns and zero picks. That's 10-plus yards per attempt, broham. Couple that with a defense that doesn't take any sh$#, and you're seeing a Super Bowl team.

Not really.  I watched the 15 top plays video on that.  No Vikings plays at all.  Steelers/Pats and Giants Philly dominated that video.

Quote: @greediron said:
Not really.  I watched the 15 top plays video on that.  No Vikings plays at all.  Steelers/Pats and Giants Philly dominated that video.
The crew at NFL.com has been hoisting the Viking flag for about 5 weeks now hardcore. The top highlights don't mean much to me, those 2 games you mention were nailbiters, they should get the love. We annihilated a poor team on Sunday...more of a national 'yawn' moment. They've had the Vikings no lower than #3 in their rankings for quite some time, higher than anyone else. 

I stand corrected, somebody does love Minnesota more than NFL.com:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd...herd/video

"Some people have branded him (Keenum) a backup....so he's either the best backup in the NFL or a middle of the road starter. He's every bit Kirk Cousins to me and they can win a Superbowl with Keenum"
An unnamed NFL GM as told to Colin Cowherd

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
The crew at NFL.com has been hoisting the Viking flag for about 5 weeks now hardcore. The top highlights don't mean much to me, those 2 games you mention were nailbiters, they should get the love. We annihilated a poor team on Sunday...more of a national 'yawn' moment. They've had the Vikings no lower than #3 in their rankings for quite some time, higher than anyone else. 
Understand.  And Harrison has been fair to the Vikings in the rankings.  Just that stupid video. 3 or 4 plays from 3 games.  What about our pick 6?

Comparing Case to Cousins sounds about right to me.  Case is more mobile (and a Viking), so I might favor him over Cousins, actually.  B)

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Comparing Case to Cousins sounds about right to me.  Case is more mobile (and a Viking), so I might favor him over Cousins, actually.  B)
And Case has learned to limit the bonehead plays that still plague Cousins after all these years.

Cousins doesn't have the team around him Case does.  Not knocking Case just Kirk might have to take more chances.

Fair comparison probably.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
[Image: MIN.png]11-3 VIKINGS
OK, so it's not a cute story anymore. No more Case Keenum sure is doing a nice job for the Vikings... they're a pesky team ... If Carson Wentz was a certifiable MVP candidate, then Keenum is, too, regardless of his (lack of) draft pedigree, whether or not he was only supposed to be a backup and his status as the fourth-most-famous starting quarterback in the NFC North. Against the Bengals on Sunday, all that the former Houston Cougar, Houston Texan and Los Angeles Ram did was go 20 of 23 for 236 yards, two touchdowns and zero picks. That's 10-plus yards per attempt, broham. Couple that with a defense that doesn't take any sh$#, and you're seeing a Super Bowl team.
I like this statement - DAMN STRAIGHT BROHAM - that is 10 PLUS yards per attempt - we are seeing a SUPER BOWL TEAM!