Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray, McKinnon providing the ‘explosive’ plays Vikings thought they lost with Cook injury
When rookie running back Dalvin Cook suffered a season-ending ACL tear in Week 4 against the Detroit Lions, it appeared the Minnesota Vikings’ offense would be a lot less dangerous.On the day following Cook’s injury, head coach Mike Zimmer lamented losing the team’s most prominent big-play threat.

“I think the biggest thing was Dalvin had unbelievable big play ability in a lot of different ways,” Zimmer said on October 2. “We are going to have to continue to look for more ways to implement some big plays in the offense.”
Nearly three months later, the Vikings rank fourth in the NFL in rushes of more than 20 yards with 14, eight of which have come from the running back duo. McKinnon has added seven receptions of more than 20 yards and Murray picked up his first plus-20 catch on Sunday against the Bengals.
In total, the two backs have one-third of the total plays going for plus-20. It should come as no surprise that Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs have 31 total explosive plays.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/1...ok-injury/

Uhhh....to some extent with McKinnon, yes. With Murray? Nope. Give Cook those same holes that Murray has been seeing and see what the result would be. This team is going to take a step up in offensive effectiveness and big plays with Cook back in 2018. He's a level above what they have currently. Also, his injury happened so early in the season, he'll be 100% for sure by training camp at the end of July.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Uhhh....to some extent with McKinnon, yes. With Murray? Nope. Give Cook those same holes that Murray has been seeing and see what the result would be. This team is going to take a step up in offensive effectiveness and big plays with Cook back in 2018. He's a level above what they have currently. Also, his injury happened so early in the season, he'll be 100% for sure by training camp at the end of July.
I can't imagine the offense this year if we had #33 the entire time...I'm getting wistful.