Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad Fact of Today
Quote: @eckman said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:
Twitter is where a lot of people go to rant, so I get that there is negativity. And of course,  it is reflective for some fans. First loss since week 4. They will come home and right the ship. Trying not to worry too much about the injuries. 
Actually, I find Twitter to be fleeting and very little negativity.  It is short, with not a lot of back and forth.  We probably tweet out 100 things during a game, and we have well over 8,000 following us during a game and most is positive.

It's not for everyone, but during a game, it is like a chatroom.

BTW - the negativity of fans was shared by the Fox 9 crew, who said Viking fans just expect the worst, so having to punt is a sign that we can't win a game.
It is also a great place to get out information (emergency information like the wildfires and hurricanes as well as supporting other causes). Twitter can be very resourceful. I also find it humorous.

The chatroom was kind of brutal today. As far as fan negativity, that's conditioning. I do appreciate how the team kept fighting. 

chat room was negative because people cant voice an opinion that is different than others. rip is the leader of being childish and name calling. i am done with the chat because of that.
do i think case can lead us to the super bowl, no. i do know he has saved the season and will get his shot. but i cant say that because that is considered hating case and being negative. i hope case is the next kurt warner and brings it home, i would love to eat crow.
Eckman, all i said was you and BigTd’s only show up and comment something when the team is doing poorly. Someone called him your wife and he started calling my wife a whore. I just gave back what he was giving out.

So, first get your facts straight, and second don’t just come in and always make negative comments. It’s stupid to only make a comment when it fits your agenda of benching Keenum and playing Teddy, or this coaching staff sucks, or...

You will probably just ignore that though and go on believing you are always right. I had you blocked and ignored on the old board and chat room. But you’re the same old person.

Don’t come to chat, it’s better without you.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
When we are at the stadium, we spend the bulk of our time communicating to fans via Twitter.  When the Vikings went down 24-13 in the 3rd quarter, the general "oh woe is me" consensus of Viking fans came out:

"we won't win another game"

"Coaching sucks"

"Same old Vikings"

I know Viking fans have suffered through a lot of painful losses and disappointment, but for some fans to ball so quick on a road loss, vs a 9-4 team, after the Vikings had reeled off 8 straight wins, is hard to believe.

God forbid this team goes to the Super Bowl and gets down by 7 in the 1st quarter.  All the windows in Minnesota will open and people will be on the ledges ready to jump.  
If they open their windows in January maybe theyll freeze to death before jumping?

People can't actually believe that the Vikings were going to go undefeated the rest of the season?  That's a pretty tall order.  I just ecstatic that they came this far and had a 10-2 record prior to the Carolina game.  
The Vikings got three more games to go and I can see the possibilities of winning them all.  Finishing the season around 13-3 is remarkable considering the losses of Bradford, Bridgewater and  Cook.  Even with the injuries right now with the existing players, I still feel really good about what's happening within the team and organization. 
SKOL Vikings!!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Tom, I don't think you fully grasp Twitter: its troll central. Super negative. The worst types of 'fans' are on that. 

Honestly, its worse than sports talk radio listeners who call in. Garbage responses. I love Twitter for getting my sports news and I follow my city police department, local restaurants and other things like that, but interacting on Twitter otherwise can be a real wake up call to what some people can be like. Toxic.
My thoughts exactly.  Stopped reading at Twitter.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
Some people say a lot of stupid things on social media and its sad they now represent how Viking fans
feel
I for one thought if you have to lose a game, that was a good one to lose, on the road to a good team after more serious injuries...and fighting back 
It was entertaining to me

Live chatting during a game makes no sense to me either
I see posts like... "Yes!" Or "C'mon"
and wonder, do you really have to share that insight ?
you can't just say it out loud, or to yourself ?
Maybe it's for people who have no friends or social skills ?
I just don't get it 
But what do I know, I was on a three hour cruise in Hawaii yesterday and watched countless young women taking selfies..
the entire time...and found that odd 
odd that you were watching them take selfies, or odd that they were taking them?  Wink

But seriously, I agree. the constant camera action makes people miss out on so many things.  Sometimes I like to capture moments in my mind rather than worrying about preserving it in a digital file that will never be looked at again.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@eckman said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:
Twitter is where a lot of people go to rant, so I get that there is negativity. And of course,  it is reflective for some fans. First loss since week 4. They will come home and right the ship. Trying not to worry too much about the injuries. 
Actually, I find Twitter to be fleeting and very little negativity.  It is short, with not a lot of back and forth.  We probably tweet out 100 things during a game, and we have well over 8,000 following us during a game and most is positive.

BTW - the negativity of fans was shared by the Fox 9 crew, who said Viking fans just expect the worst, so having to punt is a sign that we can't win a game.
It is also a great place to get out information (emergency information like the wildfires and hurricanes as well as supporting other causes). Twitter can be very resourceful. I also find it humorous.

The chatroom was kind of brutal today. As far as fan negativity, that's conditioning. I do appreciate how the team kept fighting. 

chat room was negative because people cant voice an opinion that is different than others. rip is the leader of being childish and name calling. i am done with the chat because of that.
do i think case can lead us to the super bowl, no. i do know he has saved the season and will get his shot. but i cant say that because that is considered hating case and being negative. i hope case is the next kurt warner and brings it home, i would love to eat crow.
Eckman, all i said was you and BigTd’s only show up and comment something when the team is doing poorly. Someone called him your wife and he started calling my wife a whore. I just gave back what he was giving out.

So, first get your facts straight, and second don’t just come in and always make negative comments. It’s stupid to only make a comment when it fits your agenda of benching Keenum and playing Teddy, or this coaching staff sucks, or...

You will probably just ignore that though and go on believing you are always right. I had you blocked and ignored on the old board and chat room. But you’re the same old person.

you are a child and liar. it was you that started all name calling. Also get your facts correct. i dont hate case, or our coaches. (case has played great most of the year) ALL i questioned was if case could get this team to the bowl. a discussion board is about discussing different opinions. but in some of your world if you disagree you are negative.  Don’t worry i wont be back to chat to take your childish name calling. 

@Riphawkins said:
@eckman said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:

you are a child and liar. it was you that started all name calling. Also get your facts correct. i dont hate case, or our coaches. (case has played great most of the year) ALL i questioned was if case could get this team to the bowl. a discussion board is about discussing different opinions. but in some of your world if you disagree you are negative.  Don’t worry i wont be back to chat to take your childish name calling. 
I don't think the above exchange is selling anyone on the chat feature 

i wouldn’t bother with the chat....really not worth the crap spouted out there if you have other views of the game. 

@Riphawkins said:
@eckman said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:

Good, stay away! I blocked you for a reason. Now I remember why. You said yourself that you come on chat to vent. It is an old and tiring act. It isn’t about a different opinion, it’s about your constant negativity while giving us all your wisdom and knowledge.

You just called me two names in your reply, a liar and a child, so i think we know who the name caller is. Feel free to not reply to this and ignore me, it will be better for you.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@eckman said:
@Riphawkins said:
@eckman said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:

Good, stay away! I blocked you for a reason. Now I remember why. You said yourself that you come on chat to vent. It is an old and tiring act. It isn’t about a different opinion, it’s about your constant negativity while giving us all your wisdom and knowledge.

You just called me two names in your reply, a liar and a child, so i think we know who the name caller is. Feel free to not reply to this and ignore me, it will be better for you.
ok rip baby, I am taking the high road enjoy your onesided chat. 
oh i will be at the game this week where will you be?  chat.... lol