Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad Fact of Today
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Twitter is where a lot of people go to rant, so I get that there is negativity. And of course,  it is reflective for some fans. First loss since week 4. They will come home and right the ship. Trying not to worry too much about the injuries. 
Actually, I find Twitter to be fleeting and very little negativity.  It is short, with not a lot of back and forth.  We probably tweet out 100 things during a game, and we have well over 8,000 following us during a game and most is positive.

It's not for everyone, but during a game, it is like a chatroom.

BTW - the negativity of fans was shared by the Fox 9 crew, who said Viking fans just expect the worst, so having to punt is a sign that we can't win a game.

Some calling for Teddy to start now is ridiculous.  Keenum made some mistakes, but between dropped passes, dropped TD, bad tackling, and bad penalties and finally losing guys on the OL to injury, it definately doesn't fall all on Keenum....

SKOL

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:
Twitter is where a lot of people go to rant, so I get that there is negativity. And of course,  it is reflective for some fans. First loss since week 4. They will come home and right the ship. Trying not to worry too much about the injuries. 
Actually, I find Twitter to be fleeting and very little negativity.  It is short, with not a lot of back and forth.  We probably tweet out 100 things during a game, and we have well over 8,000 following us during a game and most is positive.

BTW - the negativity of fans was shared by the Fox 9 crew, who said Viking fans just expect the worst, so having to punt is a sign that we can't win a game.
It is also a great place to get out information (emergency information like the wildfires and hurricanes as well as supporting other causes). Twitter can be very resourceful. I also find it humorous.

The chatroom was kind of brutal today. As far as fan negativity, that's conditioning. I do appreciate how the team kept fighting. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:

It is also a great place to get out information (emergency information like the wildfires and hurricanes as well as supporting other causes). Twitter can be very resourceful. I also find it humorous.

The chatroom was kind of brutal today. As far as fan negativity, that's conditioning. I do appreciate how the team kept fighting. 

chat room was negative because people cant voice an opinion that is different than others. rip is the leader of being childish and name calling. i am done with the chat because of that.
do i think case can lead us to the super bowl, no. i do know he has saved the season and will get his shot. but i cant say that because that is considered hating case and being negative. i hope case is the next kurt warner and brings it home, i would love to eat crow.

Some people say a lot of stupid things on social media and its sad they now represent how Viking fans
feel
I for one thought if you have to lose a game, that was a good one to lose, on the road to a good team after more serious injuries...and fighting back 
It was entertaining to me

Live chatting during a game makes no sense to me either
I see posts like... "Yes!" Or "C'mon"
and wonder, do you really have to share that insight ?
you can't just say it out loud, or to yourself ?
Maybe it's for people who have no friends or social skills ?
I just don't get it 
But what do I know, I was on a three hour cruise in Hawaii yesterday and watched countless young women taking selfies..
the entire time...and found that odd 

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
Some people say a lot of stupid things on social media and its sad they now represent how Viking fans
feel
I for one thought if you have to lose a game, that was a good one to lose, on the road to a good team after more serious injuries...and fighting back 
It was entertaining to me

Live chatting during a game makes no sense to me either
I see posts like... "Yes!" Or "C'mon"
and wonder, do you really have to share that insight ?
you can't just say it out loud, or to yourself ?
Maybe it's for people who have no friends or social skills ?
I just don't get it 
But what do I know, I was on a three hour cruise in Hawaii yesterday and watched countless young women taking selfies..
the entire time...and found that odd 
LOL I went to chats early on.  And I don't go anymore.  The problem is everyone likes to talk and nobody listens.  I prefer just posting topics ... but nobody does that during games.  

Selfies are stupid. 

Social media is a sewer.  You are shocked, shocked to find out it stinks?   Lol, when did it ever smell any different?

My buddy and I were just fine after the game. The Packers/Lions win made it a little more sour. It was a road game that perhaps didn't matter so much, until it did. Still, lets look forward to next week.

Wake up, read some Vikings news... it's like we lost the Super Bowl.

Twitter is in free fall a bit. Fading in popularity. Instagram and Snap Chat rule now and part of the reason is that they are two mostly positive social media options. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Twitter is in free fall a bit. Fading in popularity. Instagram and Snap Chat rule now and part of the reason is that they are two mostly positive social media options. 
If I only knew how to use them.....