Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad Fact of Today
When we are at the stadium, we spend the bulk of our time communicating to fans via Twitter.  When the Vikings went down 24-13 in the 3rd quarter, the general "oh woe is me" consensus of Viking fans came out:

"we won't win another game"

"Coaching sucks"

"Same old Vikings"

I know Viking fans have suffered through a lot of painful losses and disappointment, but for some fans to ball so quick on a road loss, vs a 9-4 team, after the Vikings had reeled off 8 straight wins, is hard to believe.

God forbid this team goes to the Super Bowl and gets down by 7 in the 1st quarter.  All the windows in Minnesota will open and people will be on the ledges ready to jump.  

... and then there are those of us who realize this was a single loss on a tough stretch of road games. And even with the events of today, they still had a shot of winning. I guess I need to start responding to your twitter posts!

Tom, I don't think you fully grasp Twitter: its troll central. Super negative. The worst types of 'fans' are on that. 

Honestly, its worse than sports talk radio listeners who call in. Garbage responses. I love Twitter for getting my sports news and I follow my city police department, local restaurants and other things like that, but interacting on Twitter otherwise can be a real wake up call to what some people can be like. Toxic.

I'm definitely not freaking out they lost today.  I am concerned about the OL injuries though.  It's what derailed this team last year, hopefully it won't happen now.

This team is 10-3 and deserves to be 10-3. An 8 game winning streak is fine but a loss like this goes a long way. Refocus and get nasty, Skol...

Better  now  to have a loss like today than in the playoffs.  Things didn't  go are way at all exempt for  the interception and we still  squandered that opptunity.just a bad day  .this viking a team is  very  good      just  go   back  refocus  and get  back on track

I expected the loss.  We should win two at home and get a bye.  With a little luck, home field.  

No problem. 

Quote: @purpleloki said:
This team is 10-3 and deserves to be 10-3. An 8 game winning streak is fine but a loss like this goes a long way. Refocus and get nasty, Skol...
Well said!

Fingers crossed we get Reiff back in reasonable time. 

Twitter is where a lot of people go to rant, so I get that there is negativity. And of course,  it is reflective for some fans. First loss since week 4. They will come home and right the ship. Trying not to worry too much about the injuries. 

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
When we are at the stadium, we spend the bulk of our time communicating to fans via Twitter.  When the Vikings went down 24-13 in the 3rd quarter, the general "oh woe is me" consensus of Viking fans came out:

"we won't win another game"

"Coaching sucks"

"Same old Vikings"

I know Viking fans have suffered through a lot of painful losses and disappointment, but for some fans to ball so quick on a road loss, vs a 9-4 team, after the Vikings had reeled off 8 straight wins, is hard to believe.

God forbid this team goes to the Super Bowl and gets down by 7 in the 1st quarter.  All the windows in Minnesota will open and people will be on the ledges ready to jump.  
Well most of them will be disappointed again when they realize there is 4 feet of snow to break their fall and they froze their water pipes on top of it.....