Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: NDSU Bison!
Wow, six FCS Championships in seven years - Congrats to The FargoThundering Herd!

[Image: 0106_nationalchampions_northdakotastate....k=5FL2oZ44]

I watched the ending...Defense Wins Championships!  Wink  I see Carson Wentz’s brother is a tight end. Nice run for their school!

Quote: @Kentis said:
I watched the ending...Defense Wins Championships!  Wink  I see Carson Wentz’s brother is a tight end. Nice run for their school!
The Bison offense didn't do much at all in the 2nd half, but that D was unbelievable.  Yeah, Defense wins Championships!

Conner Wentz, the Bison TE, is actually a cousin to Carson.  He's a very good player too.

Good game by the bison but they got some help in the first half by some questionable calls that went their way... but most close games come down to a few calls and how the refs rule.

6 out the last 7 years winning the Championship says it all. Go Bison!!!

I’m a big FCS fan.  Bison earned it.  Heckuva program up there.  In three years, the Griz will be back in the FCS Championship game (Bobby Hauck returned!)

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I’m a big FCS fan.  Bison earned it.  Heckuva program up there.  In three years, the Griz will be back in the FCS Championship game (Bobby Hauck returned!)
I think you are farther 'up there' than Fargo is...:p   Not many people can say down there in Fargo, just the Fighting Sioux and maybe Duluth....ha ha

It was a good game, turnovers were the name of the game and I think the Bison had payback motivation for the semi final loss/streak breaker last year.

Easton Stick has some tools but he is no Carson Wentz.  But I sympathize with filling those shoes, at least he has the Championship monkey off his back.  Give him a good OL next year and maybe he can take the next step.