Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell signs extension
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Maple Surple said:
According to Texacans, everything's always bigger there, so you couldn't find a bigger loser right now than Jerry J

nobody likes Roger, but he seems Viking friendly 
How's that?  What has roger ever done to make you think he's Viking friendly?   The way he singleD out the Williams wall on the star caps issue or how he screwed up the Adrian Peterson issue?  I have never thought of roger as a friend of the Vikings.
My guess on that would be his part in the stadium that is here now. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Maple Surple said:
According to Texacans, everything's always bigger there, so you couldn't find a bigger loser right now than Jerry J

How's that?  What has roger ever done to make you think he's Viking friendly?   The way he singleD out the Williams wall on the star caps issue or how he screwed up the Adrian Peterson issue?  I have never thought of roger as a friend of the Vikings.
That thing was happening with or without roger as long as the team would buckle and put it down town the support would be there.

No way a politician wanted the Vikings leaving on their resume,  and no way they wanted to try and come up with a way to replace the tens of millions annually that thE Vikings contribute to the tax rolls or to try and find another primary tenant for a facility like USB stadium that the state uses year round for other purposes.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Maple Surple said:

That thing was happening with or without roger as long as the team would buckle and put it down town the support would be there.

No way a politician wanted the Vikings leaving on their resume,  and no way they wanted to try and come up with a way to replace the tens of millions annually that thE Vikings contribute to the tax rolls or to try and find another primary tenant for a facility like USB stadium that the state uses year round for other purposes.
That's my take as well basically but it has been said here and elsewhere that he had an impact as well. I appreciate Governor Dayton's hard work.

Quote: @Poiple said:
Sure they are all making money. But at this point it is more in spite of Goodell than it is because of him. 
ok, put aside the kneeling players fiasco, the big drop and ratings and the sponsors aingst... his handling of players and disciplne has been just teririble. It is so uneven its embarrassing and how many times has the league been embarrassed in open court?
I thought for sure they could find an actual organiser, leader and spokesman for a couple mill a year.

The owners complete tone-deaf attitude to what has been happening, not only this year with the fan protests, but with the oversaturated games on Thursday and the overseas agenda Baddell is hell-bent on expanding, makes me wonder if it will take a massive player health lawsuit to bring this league back to earth.
But personally, I can't stomach that smug SOB....

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@Poiple said:
Sure they are all making money. But at this point it is more in spite of Goodell than it is because of him. 
ok, put aside the kneeling players fiasco, the big drop and ratings and the sponsors aingst... his handling of players and disciplne has been just teririble. It is so uneven its embarrassing and how many times has the league been embarrassed in open court?
I thought for sure they could find an actual organiser, leader and spokesman for a couple mill a year.

The owners complete tone-deaf attitude to what has been happening, not only this year with the fan protests, but with the oversaturated games on Thursday and the overseas agenda Baddell is hell-bent on expanding, makes me wonder if it will take a massive player health lawsuit to bring this league back to earth.
But personally, I can't stomach that smug SOB....
I cant even imagine him leading the negotiations with the players CBA which expires in 2020.  The players will be looking at doing a much better job of protecting themselves from guys like Rodger

Does anyone know if roger got his lifetime private jet or lifetime insurance for his family that he was asking for?

Quote: @Pete said:
Does anyone know if roger got his lifetime private jet or lifetime insurance for his family that he was asking for?
good question!  I hope not, its already hard to shell out money for tickets to these games.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm just going to stop trying to understand the decisions billionaires make...
Here ya go:

Money...GOOD
Complete Monopoly...BETTER
Stepping on as many people doing it....BEST