Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Vikings look well-prepared, it's because they are
Want to know why the 10-2 Vikings look so well-prepared and in-tune with their game plans? They are diligent workers Monday through Saturday, in the film room and on the practice field.Trae Waynes settled into his window seat in the exit row near the back of the plane. He was headed to Detroit to watch his alma mater, Michigan State, play Penn State the following day.
Waynes was technically on vacation with the Vikings on their bye week. They had nine days until they played at Washington. Coach Mike Zimmer gave his players the weekend to relax and unwind away from football.
Waynes could have slept on the plane. Or watched a movie. Or listened to music. Instead, the Vikings cornerback got out his team-issued iPad and watched video of the Washington offense, taking mental notes on receivers that he would be covering.
“This is your job,” Waynes said. “You’ve got to prepare. I just wanted to get a jump-start. Yeah, we had a lot of time off, but I wanted to come back prepared.”
That snapshot of Waynes studying on a plane at the start of his mini-vacation is symbolic of the entire Vikings locker room. Want to know why the 10-2 Vikings look so well-prepared and in-tune with their game plans? They are diligent workers Monday through Saturday, in the film room and on the practice field.
http://www.startribune.com/if-vikings-lo...461979623/

Sigh. I'm 95% bought in.....just have that nagging deal in the back of my mind where this all goes bad or ends in some horrible fashion in the playoffs. We'll find out, I suppose.

In any event, the team is very well coached with players that want to grind and prepare. Not to high this year nor too low. Great mentality that might just get them to where we all hope they end up. 

Newman being a pro in the DB room...Reiff being a pro in the OL room...Robison being a pro in the DL room...veteran leaders leading...guys are bought in and executing...Zim has always said this team works hard...That work is paying off...just think, Zim openly wondered if he was losing the locker room...NOPE...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Sigh. I'm 95% bought in.....just have that nagging deal in the back of my mind where this all goes bad or ends in some horrible fashion in the playoffs. We'll find out, I suppose.

In any event, the team is very well coached with players that want to grind and prepare. Not to high this year nor too low. Great mentality that might just get them to where we all hope they end up. 
I'll never buy in until there are 0s on the clock in the Super Bowl and we're celebrating. This team has crushed my dreams too many times. In the meantime, I'm just gonna enjoy this. Simple as that.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@StickyBun said:

I'll never buy in until there are 0s on the clock in the Super Bowl and we're celebrating. This team has crushed my dreams too many times. In the meantime, I'm just gonna enjoy this. Simple as that.
I couldn't agree more KB...with me it started way back when during the Viking/Cowboy NFC Championship game and that damn hail mary pass.  My family and I were already talking Super Bowl and the chances of Minnesota finally winning it all.  Then that pass with 23 seconds left in the game taking it all away.  That crushed me right there.  Seems that's the way it has been ever since that game.