Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday's game vs the Falcons
I took my son to the game yesterday in Atlanta. We tailgated in the parking lot right across the street from the new stadium. Met a lot of great people (Vikings fans) from all over.
Although the ticket and parking prices were NUTS, the food and drinks inside the Mercedes Benz Stadium were very reasonable. I talked to one Vikings fan who had been at both new stadiums (Vikings and Falcons) and said that he liked the Falcons' new digs better (for whatever that's worth). Although my game experience was great, I have friends here who have complained about echo in the new Falcons stadium (bad acoustics) and I didn't experience that -- however, there were a lot of empty seats and it may be much different when its packed-out.
Throughout the whole game I kept hearing Falcon fans chanting and yelling for Julio Jones to do something big, to save the day. As you know, it didn't happen and Rhodes shut him down.
There was that one play at the beginning of the game where if Jones would have caught the slant pass he would have gotten the TD, but the pass wasn't very good and it was incomplete. 
After the game, I kept hearing the chant "Julio Jones" -- except this time it was from Vikings fans, basically mocking what they had heard in the stadium and probably all week about what Jones was going to do. Don't get me wrong, Julio Jones is a beast, but our Vikings D is great and 29 followed Jones wherever he went. 
Throughout the game, they kept playing videos (on the 360 degree screen) of past games versus the Vikings (especially the NFC championship game) and they also had Morten Andersen come out on the field during a commercial break. I think it was all a psychological thing they were trying to do, but that game was a long time ago now and this is a totally different team -- and so is theirs.
There were a lot of angry Falcons fans regarding the play calling. I also think they screwed up -- not going for it on 4th down, calling their first time out when Jarius Wright ran on the field, etc.
Isn't it nice when our team out-coaches another team?
All in all it was a great day and great win. Skol!

Sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for representing.

Ha, karma bit them in the ass.  Bryant missed for the first his first FG of the year.  McKinnon did the dirty bird. 

Wasn't it Everson who said there was no comparison between the Atlanta and the Minnie stadiums after the game.  Of coarse Griffen never says things that opposing teams might find offensive.  LOL

That 1st pass was truly catchable and could have been a TD! It went right through his hands!