Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position change for Treadwell?
For discussion purposes only.

Would Treadwell be better served if he switched to TE?  We know he has trouble getting open as a wideout, but he makes contested catches, has good hands and is a good (read: willing) run-blockerin space.  If he put on 20 pounds, could he make it as a Kyle Rudolph-type TE?

Maybe he could play Left Out.

So much angst over the #3 WR position for a 10-2 team. Of course, it's the Vikings. We'll find things to worry about after a Super Bowl win because that's how we are hardwired.

id worry more about our kicker then anything

He is way too skinny for TE.  Bell, Rudolph and Morgan are truly massive men.

i suspect we will see Floyd more very soon

Our offense is humming along, I suspect Shurmur may have an idea what he is doing.

if you watch actual game video or are at the game, LT11 gets open. Case likes AT19 as his primary. He likes to look at Diggs. And has anyone else noticed how Wright gets wide open a ton but never gets PT? Floyd also seems to be a decent playmaker??? And wow, we are making plays in the redzone with keenum more than we did last year, especially to Rudy.
we only have so many balls to throw and keenum has the order he likes to look. If we are on an 8 game winning streak and have developed at top 5 O and this is the worst you can find? i'll take it. Because if you watch the tape, Treadwell could be getting the ball, plus he is involved in the big plays (in blocking or as a distraction)

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
if you watch actual game video or are at the game, LT11 gets open. Case likes AT19 as his primary. He likes to look at Diggs. And has anyone else noticed how Wright gets wide open a ton but never gets PT? Floyd also seems to be a decent playmaker??? And wow, we are making plays in the redzone with keenum more than we did last year, especially to Rudy.
we only have so many balls to throw and keenum has the order he likes to look. If we are on an 8 game winning streak and have developed at top 5 O and this is the worst you can find? i'll take it. Because if you watch the tape, Treadwell could be getting the ball, plus he is involved in the big plays (in blocking or as a distraction)
Well said.  I think Case is getting much better at going through his progressions.  I recall one 3rd down play I think, they showed him looking left and then coming back to Wright (I think) for a big first down.  As you say, Case has his favorites, but I think he is getting better, growing into the offense.  We will need that in the playoffs.

I definitely agree with you Greed. Comparing the Steelers game to some of the magic plays he made this week with falcons players at his feet... wow. Case has definitely grown up. He over-threw both diggs and theilen on the sideline, but they both showed they are magic too NEARLY getting their feet down.
Case is not scared in the pocket, can navigate, is definitely becoming comfortable going threw his progressions, and is definitely continually looking to make a play.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
I definitely agree with you Greed. Comparing the Steelers game to some of the magic plays he made this week with falcons players at his feet... wow. Case has definitely grown up. He over-threw both diggs and theilen on the sideline, but they both showed they are magic too NEARLY getting their feet down.
Case is not scared in the pocket, can navigate, is definitely becoming comfortable going threw his progressions, and is definitely continually looking to make a play.
Some of those plays tho, I was screaming at him to get rid of it.  I think it was the one to Diggs where Diggs pointed upfield and Case found him as he causally drifted to his left.  I thought he was going to get annihilated.  He has a good sense of movement in the pocket.  Much better than mine while I am watching him.